PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my play of this hand.

EVIL
02-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, Hero 3-bets, CO-1 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Hero caps, MP2 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Barry
02-21-2004, 10:12 AM
How aggressive is MP2?

Against most opponents I would 3-bet this river. You have top set, I would discount the flush as well as KQ, due to the turn action.I think his most likely holding is 99, but it could also be a way overplayed overpair.

chesspain
02-21-2004, 10:13 AM
PF: Standard

Flop: I like this play headsup, especially since opponent was a PF raiser who will likely bet into you again on the turn.

Turn: Standard

River: Whereas it is reasonable against good players to slow down here after being checkraised, the only logical hands he could have which beat you are AK/KQ of diamonds, and that it assuming that he would be this aggressive heads-up on the turn with only a draw. Although I think your hand is good, I probably would not have gone for the 3-bet either.

Piiop
02-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Interesting hand. Unless MP2 has loose raising standards or is mildy insane, I think you won this set-over-set.

I would play it the exact same way and I would 3-bet the river more often then not. I can't see him 3-betting the turn with any hand thats now beating you. He definitely could've raised PF with AKd, KQd, AQd, or KQo but would he cap the turn with these? Would he open-raise from MP2 with Q8 or 78? Could he have AJd? Nope, you have the Jd. ATd? A9d? Nope. Nope. What else would he cap the turn with? A set. Or something else that you're still beating like 2-pair.

Hope you won.

EVIL
02-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Villain had 9/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif for the underset.

My main concern on this hand is whether I played it aggressively enough on the river, i.e. whether I should've 3-bet. At the time the villain's check-raise surprised me, and I just sort of froze up and called.