PDA

View Full Version : How to play flopped quads?

01-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Its almost not worth discussing, but it happened to me yesterday, and I haven't seen much discussion. I know that it is damn near impossible to get drawn out, and if you do most places will give you a nice paycheck. Do you simply just check and check until a face card comes, or the river. Or do you just bet right out and hope someone calls or !?! raises you? If someone raised, I know how I'd play it, but other than that? Any input? TY

01-21-2002, 08:23 PM
The first time I ever played 15-30, I flopped quad Kings about 20 minutes into the game in a 5-way capped pot pre-flop.

I checked, It got bet and three of us called. It checked aorund on the turn, I bet the river, got raised and paid off when I three bet.

To this day I still wonder if I should have bet the turn or played it any differently.

I think how you play it depends on your opponents. If you can go to war you might as well, but if you are sure no one will fight with you, you have to wait until they make a hand. Usually this means checking and hoping someone else will bet.

Paul Talbot

01-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Just the other day on Paradise .50/1.00 game:

I call pocket 7's in mid position. Player behind me raises, I call.

Flop: 77X I check, pre-flop raiser bets, I call. Other players fold.

Turn (I don't remember turn card.) I check, LP bets, I raise. He calls

River Q. I bet.LP raises, I reraise, LP caps, I call and LP shows pocket queens. I feel his pain.

01-22-2002, 12:35 AM
Say hi some time on PP micro, I play vehn_ and have seen you around some. Won 130 BBs the past 2 days including 2 cashouts.. what paradise fix again? /images/smile.gif

01-22-2002, 05:06 AM
nm