PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed AQ?

JustPlayingSmart
02-20-2004, 10:33 PM
My first $109 tourney on UB (for the WPT Bellagio tournament). Top 3 get the seat, next 7 get paid. Blinds are 30-60. I have ~1600, which is almost exactly average, and LAG psycho has about 1350. Psycho min-raises in LMP to 120, sb calls, I call with AQo. Flop is AT2 rainbow, and sb bets 60, I raise to 325, psycho calls, sb folds. Turn is a K, and I push in. Thoughts?

JustPlayingSmart
02-20-2004, 10:41 PM
OK, here was my thinking. The psycho was down to about 400 after spraying chips all over the place, then tripled up with 88 vs KK and 22 all-in preflop. He raised indiscriminately preflop (when first in), and called way more than he should postflop. When the A flopped, and the small blind bet 60, I felt my raise to 325 would either take the pot right there, or get a call from the psycho that I wouldn't mind. When a K turned, I decided that I didn't really want to see the river, so I pushed. I was pretty sure I was ahead here, and I figured if I bet something like 500, and he raised all-in I would be committed, and I didn't think checking was right. I felt like if I was losing to this player, I wouldn't know about it till all of our chips were in.