PDA

View Full Version : AKo

BottlesOf
02-20-2004, 07:50 PM
UB 3/6

I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB. It's my second hand at the table so no reads.

UTG limps, folds to CO who raises, I re-raise, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, UTG checks, CO bets, I raise, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif [9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I bet, he calls.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I bet, he calls. How'd I do?

JohnShaft
02-20-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure about betting the river Bottles.
Sure you can bet it if you think you'll get called by a weaker Ace. The real advantage would be getting an AK to fold (which may not happen anyway).

But see, when he raises, and you re-raise he has to put you on AK or a pocket pair.
So I don't think he calls the River with any less than AK. And I think he probably does call with that if he calls the Turn.

My guess is your strong betting caused him to back off with a PP, something like TT, maybe 88.

I think I prefer the River check, and would only bet if I thought there was a good chance of getting another AK to fold for the last bet.

Barry
02-20-2004, 08:05 PM
I think that you lose to 88, but you just might be ahead to AQ. But I would guess that he wouldn't call the turn without a pair in his hand. I'd check/call the river.

BottlesOf
02-20-2004, 08:06 PM
You think good.

He had 66 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JohnShaft
02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Some numbers:

On the River there is 9 BB's in.
You will win 4.5 BB with a bet if you get another AK to fold. You will lose 1 BB when you bet and he shows a PP.

So he needs to *fold* AK once for every five times he has a pocket pair here. Will he do that? I don't know. It's close.
Also consider if AQ say calls (given the betting pattern he shouldn't) it's pushing it to a bet.

It seems the decision is close either way.
But, as he bet into you on the flop (something I think he'd be much less inclined to do with AK) and called the Turn I don't think he has an AK he is going to fold at this point.
So I'm still saying check with no opponent knowledge.