PDA

View Full Version : Check-call the river after turn action?

dirty_dan
02-20-2004, 07:06 PM
8-way 3/6 at Party. Button is LAG. He sees about half his flops and raises about 20% of those preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (11.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...

I called the flop intending to raise the turn should a non-diamond fall. When I got 3-bet I was worried about being behind. There's no way I should bet out on the river, is there?

Barry
02-20-2004, 07:16 PM
With a maniac you can never tell, you maybe ahead of a lot of things that a maniac will 3-bet a turn or you could be behind.

One thing is for sure, I'm not laying down TPTK on the river heads up against a maniac. Check and let him bluff at it if he's behind and then be sure to call.