PDA

View Full Version : Holdem at The Luxor?

01-21-2002, 02:48 PM
Going to LV in about a month, will likely stay at Luxor. Apparently they have a very small poker room, spreading only 2-4 and 4-8 there. Yuck. Mandalay Bay and _____ are on either side of Luxor and supposedly also have poker.

I have only played in underground games, home games and at The Mirage. I'm a novice player, having maybe played 100 hours of Holdem plus zillions of hands on TTH. I liked Mirage a lot.

Any suggestions on Holdem at Luxor or neighboring hotels? Also, do any of the hotels on that end of The Strip spread O-8, and if so at what limits?

01-21-2002, 04:48 PM
Luxor has 2-4 or 1-4-8-8 (spread) depending on the interest when the table starts up. Also has $25 tournament daily at noon.

Mandalay has 4-8 w/ half-kill.

Excalibur has 2-6 (spread).

Monte Carlo (N of Excalibur and NY NY) has 4-8 (1-2 blinds)

Luxor has 1-5 7CS, but I don't think anything on that end of the strip has Omaha (Bellagio probably the closest).

01-21-2002, 05:14 PM
Hmm, 4-8 with 1-2 blinds seems like a good format.

01-21-2002, 05:52 PM
I just came back this morning from the Luxor and played the 1-4-8-8 game. It was the first time I had ever played in a cardroom and the people at the Luxor made it very easy. I found the format very strange with the 1-2 blinds but the 4-8 bets, but once I figured out that you can play almost anything if you are any good after the flop you can make some money. I visited all the other cardrooms and mandalay bay's was very nice (especially the cocktail waitresses) with the same 1-2 blind and 4-8 bet format. For higher limits you'ld have to play at Mirage or Bellagio.