PDA

View Full Version : NOLA next Week

Barry
02-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Lucky me, I'm going to be in NOLA for Mardi Gras next week and hope to catch some good action at Harrah's.

Schmed and I will be meeting up and if any others are going to be around let me know.

BaronVonCP
02-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm thinking about moving into the poker room for a week.

Poker blog
02-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Does Harrah's New Orleans spread Hold'em yet?

Last I was there about a year ago, they only spread Omaha High. I thought this was crazy and left.

BaronVonCP
02-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah. Suppossedly some of the best hold em games you can find.

Mostly lower limits though. Tons of 3-6. Usually a table of 6-12, and a table of 10-20. Good NL game too.

MicroBob
02-21-2004, 03:50 AM
i will be in new orleans.
i will not be in harrah's during mardi gras though...rather i will be enjoying the rain and urine soaked streets of the Big Easy in varying leveling of intoxication.

some people complain about harrah's poker-room but i kind of like it. i had read about this whole 'dont spread hold-em hand before' but they have had hold-em all 3x i have been there in the past year and i played with some total tourist-goofs on the 3-6 there.

i suspect the waiting lists for the games will be insane. good luck.

Barry
02-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Since I drank enough in my 20's to last the rest of my life, I will soberly enjoy watching the of bead throwing, flashing and intoxication in the rain (at least that will keep down the smell).

Then I will enjoy the very good games at Harrahs. Baron got it right on the games. Just like most of us HE players suck at Omaha, the Omaha players mostly suck at HE.

The question of whether the games are good....

What other city do you know that has such a high proportion of mostly drunk conventioneers?

The lists are liable to be long, but they now have those coaster shaped flashing pagers thingies so you don't have to sit by the desk.

Barry
02-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Just got back from NOLA. I met up with Schmed on Wed and we visited for a while while he was killing the 6/12 game. I had a couple of good nights on Mon and Tues at the 10/20 but had a cold night on Wed.

The bad news is that Harrah's raised the rake since I was there the last time. It is still 10%, but the maximum has gone from $4 to $5. They also drop the $1 Bad Beat jackpot. As the only decent room in town, I guess they figure that they can get away from it. Its the same for all limits including the 3/6.

While the action was OK, I was expecting it to be much better than it was. There were only a few tourists giving their $ away along with a few mediocre locals. So my advice still holds, don't go to NOLA to play poker, but if you're there Harrah's is a decent place.