PDA

View Full Version : Trouble playing two tables at once.

ajizzle
02-20-2004, 06:40 PM
At one of my tables, I am dealt KK in MP. Before I can click the Bet/Raise button, I am transfered to my other table, where I am UTG and have J9s. I press the fold button, but right as I click, I am transfered to my other table (where I hold KK). I accidentaly folded KK.

The thing that worries me however, is that I was happy about it at the end of the hand. You see, a four-straight hit, and someone had the straight. I was happy that I folded the loser, but realized that it is the wrong way to look at poker. The bottom line is, whether you WOULD'VE won the hand or not, folding KK is the wrong PF move (accident or not). Is my psychology something that I should work on? or is this line of thinking correct?

bisonbison
02-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Get a bigger monitor. Never line up multiple playing windows one on top of the other.

Barry
02-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Or even better at today's prices get a 2nd monitor.

Norm
02-21-2004, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that worries me however, is that I was happy about it at the end of the hand. You see, a four-straight hit, and someone had the straight. I was happy that I folded the loser, but realized that it is the wrong way to look at poker. The bottom line is, whether you WOULD'VE won the hand or not, folding KK is the wrong PF move (accident or not). Is my psychology something that I should work on? or is this line of thinking correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
I make a point of remembering hands like this (when I hold a good hand preflop and properly fold it to a raise and save money). It helps me get over the times I fold something and the perfect flop comes.

"Just play the percentages"

EVIL
02-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Also, if you have your resolution set to 1600x1200 you can display 4 tables on the screen at once with no overlap.

EVIL
02-21-2004, 09:46 AM
It's a natural human tendency to evaluate the quality of decisions based on hindsight. However it does not make sense to evaluate the quality of a decision based on information that was impossible to know at the time the decision was made.