PDA

View Full Version : Tilt Overdrive, need a new Wireless Keyboard!

Pitcher
02-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Hi All,

This is both humorous and pathetic. I have always been good natured, but somewhat tempermental. Being tempermental is NOT a good trait in poker or life, so I work on it. I excercise to keep stress down, read books on it etc. I have always thought of it as a sign of weakness. Today, unfortunately, I exploded playing on Party Poker. Get this, I managed to come in 2nd place in a tournament where I lost 7 2 or 3 outers. The 1st one got me going a little bit...the last one sent me over the edge. Check this one out:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold 'Em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (2 handed)

Hero (t7590)
BB (t2410)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises to t600, BB calls t600.

Flop: (t1200) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets t300, Hero raises to t600, BB calls t600.

I am a little concerned about another diamond. The turn comes 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets 1210 all in and I call.

River comes K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check this out....he turns over K /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I went absolutely ballistic. Just too much. I took my wireless keyboard and bashed it into the floor. It went into about 50 pieces. I was still shaking with anger when this picture appeared in my mind. Several years ago, there was a movie that showed a guy getting upset and destroying his computer. It was absolutely hilarious. I started laughing at myself over this. After a good laugh, I quickly grabbed a keyboard and hooked it up to see what was happening with the game. Of course I had timed out and missed a several blinds but was still in it. Then the following hand occurred:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold 'Em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed)

Hero (t5980)
Button (t4020)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls t400, Hero raises to t5980 (All-In), Button calls t4020 (All-In).

Flop: (t10000) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t10000) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t10000) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t10000

Of course, he turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I am nearly out of it. At least I finally regained my composure. I did quit for a couple of hours after taking a brisk run.

Moral of the story. Don't lose your cool and don't be weak. But if you do, try hard to laugh at your folly.

Pitcher

Utah
02-20-2004, 09:13 PM
I am prone to the "break the bat over the knee" move after a tough beat. That is why I strongly endorse the $5 keyboard from microcenter. I have 3 in reserve. There is something rewarding about breaking a keyboard. You just dont want to cost yourself $50 when you do it (or find out that you cant play anymore because you keyboard is laying in several pieces on the floor).

I miss my IBM keyboard that was unbreakable. Well almost unbreakable.