PDA

View Full Version : Threading the needle - PP microlimit hand

01-20-2002, 02:21 AM
A looser than normal table, I complete and limp in the small blind with Kc Td, BB checks - 8 players see the flop.

Flop: Th 8s 4s

I check with the intention of check raising. Its checked to the button who bets, I raise, its 3 bet by a MP, late position cold calls - button and I call. Was 4 betting it here the right choice?

Turn: 2h (Th 8s 4s)

I think for a second and bet - I should know if I'm behind pretty quick. Other 3 players call.

River: Ah (2h Th 8s 4s)

I check and its checked through - I'm thinking that SOMEONE has to have hit their draw or have been chasing an ace the whole way.

I win, PP hand history shows:

MP flop check reraiser: 9s 7s

Late position flop 3 cold caller: the utterly inexplicable 9c 8c.

Button: Jc 9d

Did I make a mistake not 4 betting the flop? I led the turn which is something I've been trying to get in the habit of doing in these situations - but I'm not sure I understand the difference between 4 betting the flop and leading the turn, and calling and leading the turn. Would you bet the river here?

01-20-2002, 12:30 PM
* Did I make a mistake not 4 betting the flop? * I believe you did - but it is a small one.

* I led the turn which is something I've been trying to get in the habit of doing in these situations - but I'm not sure I understand the difference between 4 betting the flop and leading the turn, and calling and leading the turn. * Many experts may like your play here - I don't - there is no logic to it and you suspect that yourself ?

* Would you bet the river here ? * NO WAY !

* MP flop check reraiser: 9s 7s * Not that bad !?

* Late position flop 3 cold caller: the utterly inexplicable 9c 8c. * The call on the flop is BAD !

* Button: Jc 9d * Not that bad !?

Using the PP hand history !? - Good Idea !!

Good Q !

01-20-2002, 03:18 PM
Sometimes hands come up where you wint the pot, your opponents gave you more action than they should of, but after seeing their hands you realize that you could have won even more bets and wonder if you have played the hand wrong. In general, you should be happy with the extra action that they gave you and not even worry about the possible bets that you may have missed.

01-20-2002, 11:50 PM
In LL games, people don't think "he's check raising because he thinks the other person is trying to steal and he's stealing himself, consequently, if I reraise I can drive both stealers out of the pot and take the whole thing down." They just don't.

When someone check reraises, they're either a maniac or they have the goods. Not knowing anything about that person, I'd tend towards "having the goods."

No, you shouldn't have 4 bet the flop. I think you got damn lucky your top pair took it.

01-21-2002, 11:30 AM
The turn got checked around. What would you have done if there was a bet and a call to you? If you called and then there was a bet on the river would you have called that?