PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trip

thomastem
02-20-2004, 01:12 PM
This was my 1st trip to Vegas. What a town what a time!

I was staying at the Mirage so that is where I played. I had 1 bad beat and 1 misread but the hands themselves as a whole were typical. I'm going to talk about the fun atthe table.

We had a Canadian, a Texan, newlyweds, and assorted others. The husband couldn't pry his wife off the table, perhaps this torture was just part of stage 1 of the training our wives put us through.

Now Tex was funny as can be, and he likes critters. He had spotted my buzzard flying around and exclaimed how cool the place was. Even when feathers come fluttering down on the dealers head and he was about to call over Snake to bounce the bird out, good ole Tex came to the rescue with, "Naaaw coooome on son nuthin wrong with a critter keep yu copany when the stars ain't here shootin." Not once did Tex tell on anyone. This forum is too small to fit the discussion Tex and I had on Greg Maddux (pitcher for Cubs) vs Roger Clemens (Pitcher for Astros where there are some good people).

Girlie bar paragraph deleted to protect the guilty.

In closing there are so many details that are so different in Vegas that I had to get use to. From front and back lawns of sand rather than grass to an Airport filled with slots, to Taxi Cab drivers that barely speak english on commission for hooking up visitors with unlicensed Hos.

Everyone should visit at least once and there is hope for Houston residents too.