PDA

View Full Version : party 10-20, evaluate each street

NYplayer
02-20-2004, 01:09 PM
UTG limps and it's folded to me in the BB. I have J6o.
Flop comes down Jd 6d 2s

I check call. was this a good move or should I have checkraised?

turn: Qc (Jd 6d 2s)
I checkraise and he now 3-bets, call or cap?

I capped it:
river: 9d (Qc Jd 6d 2s)
what's my best action?

thanks

beerbandit
02-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Obviously every situation is different. It would be based on the previous actions of this player. I feel that a bet or a check raise would have been more ideal in this situation. I know that your two pair are a strong hand and most likely the best right now. But there are many cards that could hurt your hand or make it very tough to call. I feel with that flop a check raise would have drove him out. What did he end up holding?

Diplomat
02-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Call the three-bet on the turn and check/call the river.

-Diplomat

Manzanita
02-20-2004, 06:00 PM
NYplayer,

I like how you waited until the turn to show strength; flopping 2-pair in a heads-up contest is a strong hand. But when UTG 3-bets you I would slow down as there's a chance that you are behind to a better hand (most likely QJs but possibly 66).

The river card is not good since if UTG was betting a hand like K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif he just got there. On the river I think you should just check-call.

-- Manzanita

Thats Interesting!
02-21-2004, 03:35 AM
Y even consider caping the turn, if by the river ur still deciding to bet or check/call. I would only put in the last bet on the turn if I know I will be leading with a bet on the river.

U can only beat a bluff, any good holding has u beat here. Cool.

FletchJr.
02-21-2004, 09:55 PM
I think if your going to cap it you should follow through with almost any card on the river.
and if your going to just call his 3 bet on the turn, then check,call the river.
just my opinion.