PDA

View Full Version : Party has competition O/T

pretender2k
02-20-2004, 04:07 AM
If we start a new award for bad customer service, what should we call it? I thinking something that says "Please treat me like I am an F'in idiot"

Candidates:
1. Gateway (new leader)
2. Party Poker
3. Columbia House online support

OK the sory. I upgraded a friends Gateway computer. It went pretty smooth but when all was said and done we couldn't get any sound out of the speakers. He said he had an issue with it before so I told him to call Gateway since they had solved it before. The brilliant tech support checked a few things and came up with the brilliant (imposible but brilliant ) deduction that we had fried the sound card installing Win XP. OK I want this guy building my next computer. So I went over and tried downloading some new drivers. Nothing worked. I came home got on microsofts website and found an article where some one had had the same problem. They said you needed to contact Gateway to get a different driver for this combination of sound card and operating system. Sounds easy. I fire an email off to Gateway with a link to the article. I also explained how I had already went through all their online support (which also had a link to that very article by chance) and what do I get in response. I get an email with a link to their online support telling me how to do every thing I had already explained that I had done. This was a written response not the computer generated one that came earlier. If you are going to take the time to write me a response PLEASE read the email I wrote you or justwrite me back and tell me I'm stupid and you don't want to deal with any problems today. That way I will give you points for honesty. Needless to say not only won't I reccomend Gateway anymore I will actually tell people not to buy from them.

OK I feel better thanks for listening.

Cubswin
02-20-2004, 04:16 AM
dude.... you forgot to put dell up there

dont even get me started on sprint pcs... they pissed me off so much that i smashed my phone in their store after they told me they would not replace the faulty phone... boy did that feel good /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

regards
cubs

MicroBob
02-20-2004, 05:24 AM
yeah....sprint pcs is waaaaayyyyyyyyy up there on the list imo.

as is mci btw.
my connection is dial-up....here is the reason i had a 1-week internet-poker hiatus in september

"we're sorry we disconnected you when you did indeed pay your bill on time...that should not have happened....you're line will be activated again within 24 hours."

24 hours later

"it should have been turned on by now...we'll have it on by this afternoon"....

later that evening.....

"not sure what the problem is....we'll have it on by tomorrow morning"......

next morning

"they should not have told you that.....we will not be able to activate it for 5 days to 2 weeks"

all this for successfully paying my bill on time.

after this i naturally discontinued my service with them (which took a day for them to release to allow bell south to set me up immediately)....

a week later they call my cell-phone saying they are having difficulty activating my phone line

ummmmm.....that's because i discontinued service with you jackasses.

i loooooove the part where they say "is there anything else i can help you with today???"
"ummm...besides releasing my service to a competent company as quickly as possible....no, not that i can think of".

scotnt73
02-20-2004, 10:04 AM
hewlett packard

Alobar
02-20-2004, 11:39 AM
sprint PCS is with out a doubt the biggest pile of crap in the world. fsdjkghkljdfhkjdsfhkgdsk gkjldfhg khsdkfl ghlkjsdfh damnit, now I get to start my day off mad just thinking about it.

SamJack
02-20-2004, 11:45 AM
You think party, dell, sprint pcs support is bad.

Try the INS or IRS.

Sam

TripDuck
02-20-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude.... you forgot to put dell up there

[/ QUOTE ]Wow! A Dell hater. I am a IT Manager and I love Dell. They treat me well, and their 24 hour onsite service rules. I have never had a problem with them. Interesting. Although, I do have the Gold Support contract. Maybe that is the difference, I dunno.

EDIT: IBM, on the other hand, blows chunks.

MrDannimal
02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Dell treats big institutions better then the home end user (for obvious reasons). At least in my experience (as an IT guy for the Univ. of Michigan, which has a massive Dell install base, and a home user too scrupulous to abuse his Higher Ed. support #s) that's the case.

Cubswin
02-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Dell uses two different call centers for home users and businesses. The former will likely find you talking to someone from south asia while the later will likely find the tech based in north america. I guess i just had a really bad experience as my laptop decided to act up on the 12 month 3rd day after purchase when it was only covered for 12 months.

After reconsidering this question i feel that there is a tie. Sprint PCS and any state's DMV office should be considered as co-equals. My license has to be renewed by june and im not looking forward to it at all.

cubswin

TripDuck
02-20-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dell treats big institutions better then the home end user (for obvious reasons). At least in my experience (as an IT guy for the Univ. of Michigan, which has a massive Dell install base, and a home user too scrupulous to abuse his Higher Ed. support #s) that's the case.

[/ QUOTE ]Funny, I am an IT Manager at the University of Minnesota.

Alobar
02-20-2004, 02:10 PM
You should move to Arizona, my drivers license doesnt expire until the year 2031 (I'm not kidding either). I cant wait till I'm 50 and the pic on my license is of me when I'm 20, heh