PDA

View Full Version : FLOPPED ME ON THE HEAD

surfdoc
02-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO-1 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO-1 checks, Hero bets, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 raises, CO-1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 bets, CO-1 calls, Hero raises, BB calls, MP2 3-bets, CO-1 calls, Hero caps, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO-1 calls.

River: (20.5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 bets, CO-1 calls, Hero raises, MP2 calls, CO-1 calls.

Final Pot: 26.5 BB

Mike Gallo
02-20-2004, 02:08 AM
You have titled this post as "How to play the second nut hand 101".

Nice pot.

surfdoc
02-20-2004, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have titled this post as "How to play the second nut hand 101".

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sure what that means?? Are you saying you agree? My main question here is with my calling the flop raise instead of 3 betting. I tried to show a little weakness here to get in more bets on the turn and river. Anyone check on this flop?

Mike Gallo
02-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Not really sure what that means??

It means imho you played the hand well.

Are you saying you agree?

Yes

My main question here is with my calling the flop raise instead of 3 betting. I tried to show a little weakness here to get in more bets on the turn and river.

I like that you waited until the turn to show the strength of your hand.

Anyone check on this flop?

No

TazQ
02-20-2004, 02:45 AM
I would of raised preflop. You extracted the max from the flop on, thats the best you can hope for.

surfdoc
02-20-2004, 02:57 AM
"I would of raised preflop."

I figured that comment was coming soon. The texture of the game was so loose passive that I didn't think anyone would fold and I didn't like the prospect of playing that hand against a large field as so many overcards would hurt me. If I only could have used my pattern map, ummm, let's no go there!

ike
02-20-2004, 04:48 AM
For the love of god don't check, many many hands will call you, not all of them will necessarilly bet (a 9 may check through and all the draws and overs people call with could check too). No one who folds this flop was giving you any action anyway.

EVIL
02-20-2004, 05:01 AM
I think that was well-played all around.