PDA

View Full Version : BOOOOOOOOO, ESPN!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Easy E
02-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Not that I really expected anything different, but to create three "new" shows by rehashing the SAME scenes that we've had repeatedly shown during the countless 2003 rebroadcasts.... horrible.

JustPlayingSmart
02-20-2004, 03:24 AM
I totally agree with you Easy. I was hoping they would have something new. The only thing I hadn't seen were the dumb little facts they put in every once in a while. But it was nice to see the "bluff of the century" again, as if guys don't lay down their top pair heads up all the time when faced with an all-in bet.

I was also reminded of how some of the broadcasts were misleading. Dutch Boyd is hardly a dead-money amateur. I have read on here that he propped for a couple years after he screwed people out of their money on his site.

Army Eye
02-22-2004, 02:42 AM
I think they also referred to the Feduniaks as dead money too? WTF?

SossMan
02-22-2004, 03:22 AM
Have you seen Maureen play....I would love to have her at my table.

CrackerZack
02-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I was a bit disappointed but not surprised. They only had one or two TV tables per day. I thought it was one, but have heard there was two. While poker is very fun to play, its not tremendously entertaining for the public to watch, so I didn't think there would be much on the editing floor to bring back.

Big Business
02-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Has anybody heard on what the word is with ESPN and this years WSOP? I assume that they are covering it based on the response of last year. I wish they could show some of it live on another ESPN station. I would think they would put out the DVD with all of it on there.

I would love to see a DVD set of the WSOP...I am sure they would turn a big profit on it. More people would buy that than the damn Playmaker show.

Scottnyce
02-23-2004, 02:44 PM
A good friend of mine works for ESPN...

WSOP 2004 will get 30 hours of coverage this year compared to the 10 hours it got in 2003.