PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trip: Is the Mirage just THAT much tougher?

01-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Vegas trip this week, here are the results:

Sunday: Bellagio 4/8 5 hours +105

Sunday: Mirage 3/6 1 hour -31 (left because it was a very tight, tough game)

Sunday: Monte Carlo: 4/8 4hrs +71

Monday: Mirage 6/12: 3 hours 8-92 (in over my head I am sure, waiting for the 6/12 game and feeling confident at this point)

Monday: Mirage 3/6: (first session) 4hrs -78

Monday: Mirage 3/6: (second session) 3hrs -85

(Both session were good games, just got beat on a lot of rivers (correct call according to odds about 75% of the time - just the way the cards fall, i guess)

Wednesday Mandalay Bay 4/8 (meetings Tuesday): 8hrs +116

Thursday: Mirage Satallite: 3rd place -25

Thursday Mirage 3/6 Thursday: 4hrs +13

(I went to bed at 8pm after nearly falling asleep at the table after marathon session Wednesday night at Mandalay Bay with 6 am meeting).

Friday (6am) Bellagio 4/8 2hrs +105

Friday Mirage: 5hrs, -149

Total Ring: 39 hours: -25

Tournies: 1 -25

Bellagio: 7hrs: +210 :30 per hour 2.75 BB

I left both times because of a rude dealer named Sharon from Brooklyn. She was very unfriendly and chastising the people who were asking her questions like (is it my turn yet? how much is my blind - they were leaving left and right. I walked away from a great game both times - flame away)

Monte Carlo 4hours +71 17.75 per hour 2+bb per hour

Mandalay Bay: 8 hours 116 per : 14+ per hour - 1.75 BB per hour.

(The common thread here in these two games was a loose aggressive preflop, calling station post flop named Shawna. She paid me off on a 350+ pot with KK pre flop k high no spades or flushes nut top set on Q2 with only a Q on the board.) I wanted to take her to every game that I went to.

Mirage: 20 hours: -422.

I played a tight aggressive game at the Mirage, mixing it up somewhat, but not a lot different than the games at the other places. A lot of hands that held up at other places didn't hold up the mirage (K10 heart on button with KKQ flop rag turn (i raised , initial bettor just called). River was 2 heart. he checked I bet, he raised and showed me k2 for boat.. that kind of week). I have to admit, the plane ride couldn't come soon enough. I almost left with a profit, but for that final session. Can anyone else validate this for me? Unfortunately, I stayed at the mirage Thursday night and it was so cold outside that it was convenient, but not smart to play there. Also, the day game seems very very tough, compared to the night game. The later the game, the younger the crowd, the looser the game, the bigger the pots.... They told me that I missed the game of the century when I went to bed Thursday night. Every pot 2 or 3 hundred showdowns from people that were raising the whole way with nothing.. a guy layed down AK, because he said that he couldn't beat the 2345 on the board and a set was shown down and won...

Anyway, I am feeling pretty badly right now. The trip that I had so eagerly anticipated turned out to be a $.75 loss per hour.

Also,

I tipped the waitresses about $40 through the week. I know that you include the dealer toke in hourly rate - do you include those tips as well? (It is included as of right now - i am assuming yes - but hoping against all hope...)

I did get two comps at the bellagio and one at the mirage, so theat is about $50 in food that I didn't have to pay for (really grabbing for straws now!)

Thanks for the feedback.

Kevin

01-18-2002, 11:31 PM
Only you can be the judge. You don't have enough hours to be significant indicator at any given place. All you can really do is ask yourself which game you would most want to play in, all the way down to which you would least want to play in. That will let you know which is toughest *for you*. And that's all that really matters.

01-19-2002, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to send you an email and it got returned to me. Was asking around for you at the Mirage, but no one knew you. Don't think you were in my game, no one besides me under 60. Thanks again.

Kevin

01-19-2002, 03:45 AM
I was at the Bellagio the Monday you played 6-12. The 3-6 players wouldn't know me. Most don't know my name in my game either. You would have had to describe my looks.

Or ask for "Derek's tall friend". I'm like a comic book sidekick. They all know Derek and will know who you mean.

01-19-2002, 12:15 PM
Clark is probably just a myth. Go to Mirage and he was at Bellagio. Go to the Orleans and he was at Excalibur. Myth or Real? You decide!

01-19-2002, 12:59 PM
nm

01-19-2002, 03:12 PM

01-19-2002, 11:20 PM
Slightly down after only 39 hours of play does not seem to be a disaster. However, I think I will be careful around the Mirage! Thanks for your report, it's useful info for my upcoming trip.