PDA

View Full Version : AA in the SB

pilamsolo
02-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Game is $6-$12, generally loose/passive. I have AA in the SB.

EP (plays every hand) limps, MP (generally tight, mostly passive player) limps, LP (no read) raises, I 3-bet, BB folds, EP and MP call, LP calls.

Flop 7 8 9 with 2 hearts (I don't have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

I bet, EP calls, MP raises, LP 3-bets, I cap (anybody fold here?), EP folds, rest call.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

As I see it now, I can check/see what happens, or bet and fold to a raise. (Anybody see it differently?)

Bet or check?

Results to come.

Jeremy'sSpoken
02-19-2004, 10:05 PM
I think your probably beat and may be drawing dead as you don't have the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. My gut says bet out but I am not sure what that accomplishes as a straight or trips may just call now. If you do bet out then you will have to invest another bet on the river as well. Seems at most you are drawing to one out which would be 1:45. I give you a 10% chance to be ahead at best so lets say that puts you at 5:45 or 1:9 with the possibility of facing 2BB minimum and most likely a raise or two. Its tough but I check fold get out as cheaply as possible. I am not real confident in my answer though.

tipperdog
02-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Regrettably, I think you may need to fold to the flop 3-bet (a close call, depending on your read of the players) and you certainly need to check and fold to any meaningful action on the turn.

Once the turn comes, there's probably a 50-50 chance you're already drawing dead, either to a made flush or a straight (and possibly a set, too). If you're not dead yet, you'll certainly be killed by any heart on the river (8 cards) any 6 (3 cards) any 10 (3 cards). A 5 or Jack might kill you, plus who knows what else? From my chair, I see landmines all over the place and the strong liklihood of paying multiple bets on the turn and river in the hopes of avoiding them all. Muck 'em.

(Of course, you'll probably say that you won a big pot, showing how much I know, lol).

pilamsolo
02-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the comments.

I ended up checking and making an easy fold when it was bet and raised behind me. Turns out both players had flopped the straight and split up my money.