PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Almost Runs Over New Yorker.

George Rice
02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Upon exiting the Capitol builging after watching the Senate proceedings one night, a citizen from New York was almost struck by the car of Senator John Kerry. Kerry, who was exiting the Capitol after the Senate adjorned for the night after a long session, apparently had not expected anyone to be there so late at night, around 10:00 PM. The citizen from New York, who had been watching the proceedings from the visitor's gallery above the Senate floor, likewise was surprised to discover an automobile driving under the Capitol steps so late at night. Luckily, the Senator from Massachusetts quickly braked and avoided striking the citizen from New York.

The citizen from New York remembers the Senator's eyes bugging out of his head, but still recognized his face. He comfirmed the driver's idenity by noticing the license plate on the automobile, which idicated that the late model sports car belonged to the junior Senator from Massachusetts.

In an unrelated observation, the citizen from New York also remembers that the senior Senator from Massachusetts, Edward Kennedy, has a big red head that shines like a beacon on the Senate floor.

The citizen from New York thinks he will probably vote for Senator Kerry in the upcoming New York primary on March 3rd. The citizen from New York figures he'll have a nice story to tell his grandkids, should Senator Kerry win the election in November. "Did I ever tell you the time I was almost run over by President Kerry, sonny?"

If you haven't already figured it out, I was that citizen from New York. Back in July, 1987, I think.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Why would someone from Boston *not* want to run down someone from NY?

George Rice
02-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I wasn't wearing my Yankees hat. But I am now! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wake up CALL
02-20-2004, 08:00 PM
The world might just be a better place today if his brakes had failed.

George Rice
02-20-2004, 08:25 PM
How so?

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-20-2004, 09:28 PM