PDA

View Full Version : I'm usually pretty cool...

AleoMagus
02-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Yes, I'm usually pretty cool... but today a player did something which really made me mad.

Early round of a $10+1 party NLHE sng. I am dealt 99 on the button. UTG min raises and gets about 6 callers. I call.

Flop comes A39 rainbow

Everybody checks to me. I bet the pot

UTG thinks and thinks and finally calls. Everybody else folds

Turn is A

UTG checks again. I push in

UTG thinks and thinks and thinks. His timer starts counting down. When his timer is about to hit 1 second, he calls

At the same time, "HeHeHe" is typed into the chat box

I forget what river was. He turns over pocket Aces
His Quads beat my nines full.

Ok, nice hand for him. Whatever. What makes me mad is his letting the timer run down when he knows that he has an unbeatable hand here. I can see doing it on the flop to induce another bet by me, but once I am all in, it's just immature drama. It reminds me of slowrolling and I didn't like it much.

I type in "vnh, but... try that in a live game and see what they think of it"

He responds "don't cry for me argentina" and continues typing "argentina" over and over and over

I leave.

Sigh. I am over it now, but I thought I'd just tell my sad tale seeing as I'd rather not jump in another tourney for a little while. I already feel de-tilted

Regards,
Brad S

TheGrifter
02-19-2004, 08:23 PM
I hate it when people play poker with their allowance.

eastbay
02-20-2004, 02:42 AM
I turned off chat awhile back and I've been happier and playing better ever since. Try it.

eastbay

MensaIQ178
02-20-2004, 02:57 AM
your first mistake was not pushing all in pre flop. perfect time to do so.

Losing all
02-20-2004, 02:58 AM
It happens /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AleoMagus
02-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Oh.. Re-raising all-in preflop with nines in the second round of a party sng...

Is this how you manage the 75% top 3 record I heard you mention in one of the other 18 replies that you have made in the one day since you registered on this site?

At least your response to me wasn't completely insulting and pointless like so many of those other posts. And lucky for me also, I got two sentences out of you.

...But hey... Welcome to 2+2 Mr. 178 IQ.

As longs as we are talking about mistakes tough, your mistake was not reading half the posts that you are replying to. Go back to Mensa with your checker playing, introverted, superiority-complex afflicted buddies.

The real geniuses are out curing cancer, leading men in battle, and refining superstring theory. And on top of this, they are capable of speaking to auditoriums full of people, getting laid, and being interesting at parties... all without their palms sweating.

Real geniuses don't have the time or inclination to apply to mensa and could care less how smart a test says they are. They let the world make that determination.

Brad S