PDA

View Full Version : For Those With The Party Dissappearing Button Bug

tj00
02-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Party does not seem to be interested in solving this problem. To all who are haveing this problem, lets try to troubleshoot this ourselves. If we all list what computers, internet connection, programs(i.e. firewalls,virus protection), we are using maybe we can find a common denominator. Please add anything to the list I have left out.

Computer: 2.0 Gz running Win XP Pro

Internet: Cable (Roadrunner), Home Network with Linksys Router

Programs: No virus protection or firewall

Vehn
02-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Good idea. Most likely it is a conflict with some software/process, not a hardware issue though. I'll list the processes running on my computer here in a bit.

astroglide
02-19-2004, 07:42 PM
it is extremely unlikely that this is the result of a software conflict. it is astronomically unlikely that it is the result of a hardware conflict. it is virtually certain that it is the result of shitty code, and the only ones that can fix it is iglobalmedia.

zamora
02-20-2004, 03:11 AM
computer: 2.0 Gz running Win XP Pro

Internet: adsl

programs running: Norton antivirus. msn messenger.

Processses:
taskmgr,
IEXPLORE
ctfmon
rundll32
msnmsgr
CCAPP
sstary
spoolsv
nvsvc32
explorer
ccEvtMgr
svchost
NAVAPSVCDVDRAMSV
alg
IEXPLORE
svchost
svchost
lsass
services
winlogon
csrss
smss
NPROTECT
rundll32
System
System Wait period (?? translated this one from swedish)

i noticed that i have a lot of processes runing more than one time. should it be like that?

Nikita
02-20-2004, 07:29 AM
The only suspisious one is NAVAPSVCDVDRAMSV
The rest are standard WinXP services and applications

zamora
02-20-2004, 08:40 AM
thanks for your help

it should actually read
NAVAPSVC
DVDRAMSV

sorry about that

zamora
02-20-2004, 10:29 AM
the two probably has nothing to do with each other but my buddylist doesn´t work anymore. the names are still there but they never go red when they log in.

smd
02-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Is there any action you can remember doing just prior to the buttons disappearing (clicking on a certain part of a window, opening a non-Party window, etc.)?
Since you have a 2GB machine, I am assuming you have plenty of memory.

MrDannimal
02-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Are you using Yahoo IM through another program (like Trillian)? If so, that's a result of a change on Yahoo's side that can be fixed by changing the server Yahoo IM connects to from:

scs.yahoo.com

to:

scs.msg.yahoo.com

zamora
02-20-2004, 01:36 PM
i am sorry sir, but i have absolutely no idea what you are talkning about.

smd
02-20-2004, 02:48 PM
he's talking about Party's buddy lists, not IM's