PDA

View Full Version : How well/poorly did I play this hand?

01-18-2002, 09:51 AM
A little bit loose/passive 1-2 game online 8-handed at the time. I'm on the button with AKo.

UTG and 2UTG fold, two call to the cutoff raises. I 3-bet and everyone else calls including the blinds. Six see the flop, three bets each.

Flop: Th Qc 3d

All checked to a MP caller who bets, cutoff folds(!) and I raise to see where I stand. SB folds, MP reraises and four of us call to see the turn. I'm thinking MP has TT, QQ, maybe QT or 33.

Turn: Jh

Again checked to MP who bets, I raise and all four call to see the river.

Now I am happy, the nut straight looks real good as long as the board doesn't pair up. I doubt if anyone would be staying this long hoping to catch the runner-runner heart flush.

River: 3s

Now I am dead - I am 90% sure MP has TT or QQ. All check to MP wo bets, I call crying, BB finally folds and other remaining player calls for a three player showdown.

Comments on my play appreciated.

01-18-2002, 01:14 PM
you win MP has QT

01-18-2002, 01:52 PM
You got the last raise in pre-flop, you raised the flop, Got the last raise in on the turn, and slowed down when the board paired. I think you played it fine, win or lose. The only question in my mind is to cap on the flop or not. I wouldn't have, but I have weak tight tendencies. I think I would have bet out on the river and paid off a full house. Were you second best? I'm guessing the MP had the boat and the other guy had trips.

01-18-2002, 02:00 PM
I wish you were right, KA. /images/smile.gif

MP had QQ for the boat. Interestingly, the other player that stayed showed AA. I guess he was hoping for the Ace set (which would have lost to me in the end anyway), but facing so much action and having only 2 outs would have made me fold the bullets after the turn betting came back to me.

01-18-2002, 02:07 PM
I pretty much knew I was way behind after his reraise post flop, that is why I didn't cap it. I figured I would save a bet here and make up for it on the turn if the Jack came.

Oh well, I missed the $51 pot (which is huge by 1-2 standards, in my exp.) but it was a fun hand to post anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Mike

01-18-2002, 03:08 PM
I think you played great. You got a lot of money in on the turn when you had the best of it, and you escaped for one bet on the river. 3-bet pre-flop and raising the flop are automatic.

Rube

01-18-2002, 03:56 PM
Hi Mike,

Thats pretty much how I would play it, so I hope you played it well. The only thing that I would be concerned about is your read, would MP open limp with either TT or QQ, and open limping with 33 in middle position is usually a request to lose 2 small bets preflop and then fold. I think its possible that he has AQ, and even likely that he has QT suited, both of which you are ahead.

I still only call on the river.

Good luck,

Bob T.

01-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Let me ask you a question, unless you are playing 3000-6000 and you are fairly sure you're opponnent has a straight like in your case, how often do you fold a 3 of a kind, with a draw to the nut full house........

NEVER!!!!!!

it's just a bad beat, get over it.

01-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Power,

First of all, there is no need to tell me to "get over it". I was not upset in the least by this hand - I felt as though I played it the best (i.e most correct) way that I could despite the loss. As a fairly new player I wanted to post this hand to see if anyone would have done anything differently. Isn't that what this forum is for?

Second, I obviously was not going to get a player with a flopped set to lay down at this level. Nowhere did I say that I raised with the intent of getting the MP to fold.

See you at 3000-6000 some day....I hope.

Mike

01-28-2002, 01:36 AM
[:)]