PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars Deposit - Visa Gift Cards

syzgy
02-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi guys, I sent the following email to pokerstars,

Recently I have been making deposits using Western Union, but the 15 fee has been killing my bankroll. I notice that Visa has Visa Gift Cards, and you can buy them at Triple-A.
This is the info I got from the Visa Site
Accepted everywhere Visa is - that means over 24 million merchants worldwide!
Choose any amount you want to give between $10 and $1,500
If lost, replaceable for a small fee

Fees
The minimum card load is $10.00, the minimum order is $25.00, maximum order $1,500
There is an activation fee of $2.95 per card, and shipping and handling fees are the same as the other products: over $500 2 day shipping is free, etc.A $15.00 cash out fee applies, replacement cards cost $5.95, telephone balance inquiry fee is $0.50, there is a $1.25 monthly maintenance fee beginning in the 7th month
Card life is 12 months, an optional monthly statement can be ordered for $0.50 per month

Does this mean I can get one of these for $50 plus the 2.95 activation fee, and then use this card to buy chips on your site?

Here was their reply

We accept Visa cards providing they display the Visa logo and accept online gaming transactions.

The problem with the Gift cards is that some banks set them to do AVS (address verification) checking for transactions and some do not. If the bank that is issuing the Visa Gift cards does AVS checking, your deposit attempt may be declined because there is no address registered to the gift
card.

If you like, you can try the gift card to see if your deposit will be accepted.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Has anyone used this method, and if so, how did it work out. This is about one of my last options. By the way, I live in the cleveland ohio area if anyone knows about Visas avs tracking around here.
Thanks a lot everyone
syzgy

syzgy
02-19-2004, 06:19 PM
OK, I sent another email to stars and got this reply

There is no way to find out if these cards will be accepted or not. Some players have had no problems and some have not be able to purchase using the Gift cards. It depends on the bank that is issuing the gift cards.

If you are declined using the gift card at PokerStars, you can still use it the same way as any other credit card.

Anyone in the cleveland ohio area use these cards successfully?
Thanks

Beach-Whale
02-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Why don't you ask your bank if they will set the card to do AVS?

syzgy
02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
The thing is that I will be buying this card through the triple A store, and they will probably not know what I am talking about. Thats why I am now wondering if anyone else in my area had purchased one of these cards.

astroglide
02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
use neteller

syzgy
02-19-2004, 06:28 PM
I cannot use neteller or firepay. I used to use these, but I can no longer go through my bank to do this, and I dont currently have a credit card.
I have exhaused all other options beleive me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beach-Whale
02-19-2004, 06:32 PM
OK. Wire the money in. Send them around using Neteller. Get them out by check (from Neteller) or by getting a Neteller ATM card.

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to use these, but I can no longer go through my bank to do this, and I dont currently have a credit card.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on your above statement, and careful interpretation of same, i can clearly advise that this service is what will solve your needs.

call a friendly account representative, they will hook you up.

1-800-287-8670

http://mysmilies.rgforums.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif

GoM

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb077.gif

syzgy
02-19-2004, 08:43 PM
GOM, is that number for neteller or for the visa card. I want to know before I call /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GOM, is that number for neteller or for the visa card. I want to know before I call /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but they are probably very familiar with your plight, and those organizations

truuuuust me, ghosts know best.

give them a ring

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/call.gif

GoM

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb077.gif

jasonHoldEm
02-19-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1-800-287-8670

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, good one ghost

jHE