PDA

View Full Version : misplayed AA?

fryKing
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, CO-1 calls, Hero 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 caps, CO-1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 bets, CO-1 calls, Hero raises, BB folds, MP2 3-bets, CO-1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Results to follow.

dirty_dan
02-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Raise the turn, bet the river.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Cap the flop or raise the turn. MP2 likely has AA/KK/QQ.

namknils
02-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Yikes! I would cap the flop, raise the turn, and bet the river. I think you need to make him slow down on this board. I don't think he made the runner runer flush or straight, and if he did more power to him. I'd be much more agressive, especially since you're heads up from the turn on.

-nam

Tosh
02-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Its extremely unlikely that a preflop capper has been helped by a board of 984. You need to be capping the flop and raising the turn. Bet the river too when checked to.

fryKing
02-19-2004, 04:33 PM
He had QQ and MHIG.

I was fairly sure I butchered this one immediately afterwards but all the confirmation is helpful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

When does it make sense to slow down with AA here? If there is a Q or especially a K on the flop does it become reasonable to check/call or should I always be jamming it no matter what heads up?

Irishboy
02-19-2004, 04:40 PM
When he bets the turn, you raise, if he re-raises you should slow down and go into calling mode.

Schmed
02-19-2004, 04:46 PM
I cap the flop, raise the turn, bet the river. In other words.....I probably lose more on this hand than you did. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schmed
02-19-2004, 04:50 PM
I have to think had you capped the flop he backs off on the turn. Tricky player may go for the C/R but his check on the river makes me think he woke up to the fact that he was behind.

namknils
02-19-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When does it make sense to slow down with AA here? If there is a Q or especially a K on the flop does it become reasonable to check/call or should I always be jamming it no matter what heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this hand it doesn't really make sense to slow down. As Schmed mentioned if you capped the flop your opponent would have probably slowed down. If there were other players in this hand with you then you might have to look out for some crappy hands that hit the board, but because you were up against a preflop raiser I wouldn't give him any credit for hitting that board.

If the flop brought a King or a Queen then I would still cap the flop, but if he bet into me on the turn, I would then call down or even fold if the opponent was a strong player.

-nam