PDA

View Full Version : will rakefree.com ever happen?

luckycharms
02-19-2004, 01:42 PM
I heard that some pro was trying to set up an online poker room without a rake. I signed up for the newsletter to show support, but do you think it'll ever happen? Would they pay through banners?

DrSavage
02-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Given that "some pro" is Dutch Boyd I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen.

webiggy
02-19-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious why u hate on Dutch Boyd. I'm not a fan; I think he's too smart and that makes him dangerous..,

pudley4
02-19-2004, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious why u hate on Dutch Boyd. I'm not a fan; I think he's too smart and that makes him dangerous..,

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from players on his previous site is a good argument for hating him. It has little to nothing to do with how "smart" he is (woohoo, he took Junior College classes when he was 13, he must be a fuc[/b]king genius)

DrSavage
02-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure if you aware of the fact that he used to own the largest online poker room at some point which went out of business and nobody who had an account there got their money back. Many people (like MS Sunshine) lost thousands of dollars.
Do a search on Dutch Boyd, you'll find plenty of discussion on the topic.

detox
02-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Would they pay through banners?

With online poker, the rake is slightly more favorable than in bricks and mortar cardrooms... the standard rake structure is 5% of the pot in $1 increments up to $3. But online poker is much faster than bricks and mortar cardrooms, which means that an online poker site is actually raking more per hour from each table than it's land-based counterparts. An average 2-4 player online will pay about $12/hr to the house, while a higher-limit player pays about $18/hr. This really adds up. A high-limit online poker professional playing one table for forty hours a week, fifty weeks a year, can expect to pay about $40,000 to the house. No wonder so many people are losing at poker.

lefty rosen
02-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Half rake.com was supposed to launch, trust me a site could get away with 1/3 rake, but why would they, hey party insulted their fish by increasing their rake and they still didn't care.......