PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

t_perkin
02-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Ok, I was playing this (10+1 party) SnG with the aim of making a lot of convuluted plays. (I often set myself goals of trying to play in particular ways - anyone else do this?).

Here is one that came up, I am not quite sure if it was very good or very bad:

4 hands in:

Me in the CO with A9s

4(!) limpers in front of me, I make it T45, Button calls, BB calls and 3 of the 4 limpers call.

Flop comes 993 rainbow

One person in MP bets 15, one caller, I flat call as well.
Button raises to 100.

All fold to me and I flat call again.

flop comes 8 (no longer rainbow)

I bet out 150 representing a (badly played) flush or straight draw or some such rubbish - basically I am just fishing for a raise. If he just calls then I will just check on the river trying to induce a bet.

He moves in and I call.

He shows pair of jacks and I win when river is an x.

To me my play screams of TRAP which makes it not much of a trap. But people seem oblivious at this level. I think maybe just flat calling the T30 on the flop was dangerous - that could have been a free card to a lot of players on low PPs or was this a reasonable move considering the dead board?

Anuyone got any thoughts on any of this?

Tim

LetsRock
02-19-2004, 03:32 PM
I like the play and your opponet was truly oblivious to what you were doing. He put no read on you at all. ("lets see, he min-raised PF, flat called an open bet and my raise on the flop, and then bet into me on the turn. hmmmm... he must have an 8!") LOL

It did scream of TRAP, but lucky for you he was deaf.

The "free card" on the flop wasn't free, just cheap and the only thing you really had to fear was someone building a boat with the other 9, or somebody making a set, both pretty slim possibilities. You don't get a much better slowplay board than that.