PDA

View Full Version : AQs

unfrgvn
02-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Ok, I've been beating myself up with this hand for a week or so, now I want the experts opinion. 10 Party SNG. 4 left. I'm on the button with T1800, the blinds are 150/300 and after posting the blinds those 2 players have roughly the same amount left, around T500. To my right is the big(huge) stack with about T5000. I'm dealt AQs, the big stack makes it 600 to go. What's your play?
If it helps the big stack hadn't been raising all that many hands pre flop to this point. My guess was that he was on a pair, any pair.

I won't tell you how I had played it, since I would be marked as the bigest fish of all time, but I would like your thoughts.

Thanks
Doug

UMTerp
02-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Without having read the results yet, I'd fold. You'll more than likely make the cash in the next two or three hands anyway, then you can try to double up.

A case could be made for calling too, but I'd only continue with the hand if you flopped an A or Q. Calling also gives you two hands (yours and the big stack) to beat one of the little stacks should they happen to call. Calling would also make the blinds more likely to fold, and you'd still have the second biggest stack if you didn't flop a hand.

I certainly wouldn't put all my chips in the middle preflop though.