PDA

View Full Version : The Official KotZ #3 Pot Limit Hold'em Thread

eMarkM
02-19-2004, 10:37 AM
KotZ #3 is tonight, $30 PLHE on Stars at 9PM ET. If you don't have the password, I will respond to requests unitl about 6PM ET this evening. After that Lori, Havana, or Simon might be able to get it to you.

This is the "official" thread for KotZ #3. Put your last longer bets, bounties, predictions, results, bad beat stories and everything else related to tonight's event in this thread.

Good luck everyone.

WalleyeJason
02-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Looks like I wont be able to make it tonight. I'll be on long drive to Idaho, for some Steelhead fishing.

Maybe someday, wireless internet will come standard in most new cars, and playing internet poker on long trips will become the norm.

Good luck all, and may the flop be with you all.

WJ

RollaJ
02-19-2004, 11:13 AM
JoeTall, If you are playing KOTZ I will offer you 20-10 on a last longer

Joe Tall
02-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Sounds good Rolla. You're getting overlay as you have to be a 4:1 favorite. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

David
02-19-2004, 11:35 AM
I might get to play, but I don't have any money at Stars. Anyone want to trade $33 at Stars for $33 at Party, neteller, or Paypal? PM me if you can do it.

lostinthought
02-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Tonight will be my first KOTZ event -
I'll be looking out for all famous 2+2 Zoo ers.

Looking forward to busting some people..

see ya there

William
02-19-2004, 12:17 PM
I'll be looking out for all famous 2+2 Zoo ers

Bad Luck /images/graemlins/frown.gif The King himself will probably be absent.
I am going to visit my neighbours the Swedes (great fish over there /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and is not sure I can be back in time.

So if you see me, either there was no more room in my pockets for those large fish bills or they ambushed me and cleaned me up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This way others will get a chance to come closer to the top /images/graemlins/grin.gif and the Kotz tourney can remain interesting /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes Stage, I can see you salivating right now /images/graemlins/grin.gif but the though of you leading the Kotz rankings will be my motivation to make it back home in time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I can't join you, might you all have a great time,
William

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 12:29 PM
No O' Temporary Top of the Heap. I have no wish for you to be unseated in such a manner. This is an honorable Tournament for those who participate and there is no honor in moving up (or down) in absentia. You must come and defend your shaky hold on the title. Tis early in the year and much will be said in the months to come. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Maybe you should just preregister William, odds are you will get in the top half just for starting, and I surely don't mind your money being more dead than usual /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might get to play, but I don't have any money at Stars. Anyone want to trade $33 at Stars for $33 at Party, neteller, or Paypal? PM me if you can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have money on neteller it should not be a problem, it takes 10 seconds to put it on stars, and also, it is only 31 $ entry fee.

William
02-19-2004, 12:50 PM
30$+fee out of my account without me fighting to the last drop of blood? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
No can do senor Banana, but I'll try to get back in time.

Anyway, you can miss a few tourneys as I understand, and this way the new rankings leader (if that happens) will get the (false) impression that he has a chance. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS. No, no I'm not thinking about you, Stage /images/graemlins/wink.gif

William
02-19-2004, 12:56 PM
And now that I think about it, we have to think about our beloved Lori. She too must have a chance to climb up the ladder /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
We have after all, as I recall, agreed that top 10 would be honourable... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I surely don't mind your money being more dead than usual

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

David
02-19-2004, 01:01 PM
I probably will, but $50 minumum deposit.

BradleyT
02-19-2004, 01:10 PM
I PM'd you, I can do it.

Lori
02-19-2004, 01:16 PM
And now that I think about it, we have to think about our beloved Lori. She too must have a chance to climb up the ladder

I thought we only reset the scores to give other people a chance /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad Luck The King himself will probably be absent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been a lot on Racetracks and pokergames, and I am sick and tired of people telling me how they could have won if only this and that...
Some people are really just looking for an excuse for their losses, I mean anyone going to Sweden on purpose instead of playing the KotZ surely is doing just that.
So do not come crying back later William , that you 'coulda been a contenda' it just will not wash.

PS: We all know why you aren't playing today, the fear of the reigning PL KotZ.

eMarkM
02-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Remember, only your top 12 finishes will count in the end, so you can afford to miss some events and still be King. But you'll lose the lead tonight, at least momentarily, if you can't make it. Give us all some hope /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wayabvpar
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Looking forward to it. The last KotZ tourney kicked off a hot streak for me, which has since cooled significantly. I need another boost!

CrackerZack
02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
If this event crashes I'm gonna break lots of things. See everyone tonight in the trenches. I'll be the one chatting incessantly and making bad calls.

ohkanada
02-19-2004, 03:26 PM
I will be there as per usual.

Time to take over 1st place in the standings:)

Ken Poklitar

shaniac
02-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Trying desperately to find someone to cover my shift at the restaurant, alternately praying for a slow night so I might get sent home in time for the 9PM kickoff, all on the same day as I try to kick an almost 10-year hardcore smoking habit which is hugely triggered by action on Pokerstars.

In the words of The Fly, "Help me."

Hope to see you all 2night.

Shane

Caveman
02-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Please excuse any typos I am a little worn out. It took quite awhile but I finally have 25 post made, I used wood I hope that is allowed. Just so you know that they are of the highest quality I will describe the process I used to make them, its either that or someone has to come over and inspect them. First I went out and cut down 14 small trees, I knew I could get an average of two post from each one. Cutting them to length was next, after which I ended up with a total of 27 blanks to make my posts from. Stripping the bark came next, followed by roughing them to size. Lathe work was next, I turned the outside diameters to a size 4.250 inches plus or minus 0.002 inches measured with micrometers. Once this was done I tapered the bottom end at 10 degrees in order to make it easier to get them into the ground, the taper covers 18 inches in length. Sanding with 3 different grades of sand paper came next starting with a 30 grit and finishing with a 150 grit to make the splinter free and smooth to the touch. I then applied 3 coats of quick drying watrproofing sealant, to make sure they would last a long time. I really was hoping this would qualify me to play in the KotZ tournament, but after all this work I am just to worn out. I think I will save them, that way next time I will be ready with my 25 quality post.

Actually this is my first post on the 2+2 forums and I wanted to thank those of you who have helped to improve my poker playing. There is no way to single out individuals because there are to many to list. Plus I still have much room for improvement, some of which I am sure will come from this site. I am looking forward to watching some of you play tonight to see what I can pick up. Good luck to everyone in the tournament, and hopefully at some point in the future I can actually contribute to the poker related aspects of this site.

RollaJ
02-19-2004, 04:57 PM
I quit Jan 4th and highly recomend the patch. I did it for a month and it helped a lot. I still want one every day, but I feel a lot better since quitting and have not f***ed up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lori
02-19-2004, 05:00 PM
That's just hilarious /images/graemlins/smile.gif

25 quality posts and a big beam. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

RollaJ
02-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Silly Caveman, Kotz aren't for strangers /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Funny though

William
02-19-2004, 05:11 PM
We all know why you aren't playing today, the fear of the reigning PL KotZ.

Bananaman, without going thru the process of a fastidious research, I will assume it is you.
As it turned out, the swedish cardroom was infested by too many undesirable characters(both swedish and danish), so I decided not to get robbed and came back to the safety of my home.
I'll be looking forward to seeing you at the tables (and I know I should fear you as well, but somehow.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

William
02-19-2004, 05:17 PM
But you'll lose the lead tonight, at least momentarily, if you can't make it. Give us all some hope

Isn't there a story about howw you should be carefull about what you wish? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm back, I will be playing, I will retain the lead /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The competition is though, I know that, but i like my chips RAW /images/graemlins/cool.gif

dogsballs
02-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Lol, Caveman. You should hang out and do some more posts...

William
02-19-2004, 05:25 PM
I thought we only reset the scores to give other people a chance /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sweetie,
You are doing a marvellous job /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If we end up at the same table, we sit next to eachother and you let me hold your hand for a minute /images/graemlins/tongue.gifI might consider dumping some chips your way.

Anything to keep you happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As it turned out, the swedish cardroom was infested by too many undesirable characters(both swedish and danish), so I decided not to get robbed and came back to the safety of my home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Appears I won yet another battle to get more players to play in todays KotZ /images/graemlins/wink.gif !

Joe Tall
02-19-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be the one chatting incessantly and making bad calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make more of those calls than I do so I can even out the Last Longer bet, cool?

CU t-night,
Joe Tall

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is an honorable Tournament..

[/ QUOTE ]

when did they change the rules about THIS??

it certainly was not enforced when WE used to play.

lori's trojan horse enabled wins took all honesty and integrity from these since the day one when she logged in through the back door.

you don't think she won those by seeing only HER cards, did you?

puhleeeeze

http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/comp/comp14.gif

GoM

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb077.gif

MattHatter
02-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Will the Ghost of Mae be in tonites tournament?

Matt

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please excuse any typos I am a little worn out. It took quite awhile but I finally have 25 post made, I used wood I hope that is allowed. Just so you know that they are of the highest quality I will describe the process I used to make them, its either that or someone has to come over and inspect them. First I went out and cut down 14 small trees, I knew I could get an average of two post from each one. Cutting them to length was next, after which I ended up with a total of 27 blanks to make my posts from. Stripping the bark came next, followed by roughing them to size. Lathe work was next, I turned the outside diameters to a size 4.250 inches plus or minus 0.002 inches measured with micrometers. Once this was done I tapered the bottom end at 10 degrees in order to make it easier to get them into the ground, the taper covers 18 inches in length. Sanding with 3 different grades of sand paper came next starting with a 30 grit and finishing with a 150 grit to make the splinter free and smooth to the touch. I then applied 3 coats of quick drying watrproofing sealant, to make sure they would last a long time. I really was hoping this would qualify me to play in the KotZ tournament, but after all this work I am just to worn out. I think I will save them, that way next time I will be ready with my 25 quality post.

Actually this is my first post on the 2+2 forums and I wanted to thank those of you who have helped to improve my poker playing. There is no way to single out individuals because there are to many to list. Plus I still have much room for improvement, some of which I am sure will come from this site. I am looking forward to watching some of you play tonight to see what I can pick up. Good luck to everyone in the tournament, and hopefully at some point in the future I can actually contribute to the poker related aspects of this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuuuuk them caveman!

best kotz-related, last minute, attempted try for the password in the _history_ of the tourney.

the brilliance deserves the exception. they don't deserve you.

come on over, bring tequilla and condoms. we will laugh at the rock garden while you lick between the rolls.

HURRY!!!
(unless you are mason posting under an assumed name, then you can stay the hell away. you think i bought that "i have a rash" shitola you pulled on me last night with your no-show?)

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/tweetz/ky.gifhttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/tweetz/ky.gif

GoM

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

i got a date

http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/otn/funny/smileysex5.gif

GoM

William
02-19-2004, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

i got a date

http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/otn/funny/smileysex5.gif

GoM

[/ QUOTE ]

A date? if you are Granny, pardon me but, hmmm.....
If you are some sicko, you are most certainly impotent, so either way.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
02-19-2004, 08:09 PM
ok i'm looking to make a run at kotz. during the past week i have decided to put my cash games on hold and concentrate on tournaments only. i'm trying to get experience for the new england poker classic at foxwoods..

so anyways, i'll play tonight. any of the haters want some kind of last longer bet or something? let me know.

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Got some Info on William (The Conqueror)

http://graphics.britannia.com/history/monarchs/will1.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
William, the illegitimate son of the Duke of Normandy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no right to the Crown, the PEOPLE's WILL will come through, you will be exiled.

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Agreed...best attempt EVER. But..."lick between the rolls" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Vehn
02-19-2004, 08:18 PM
$20 LL bet daryn? That's all I got in stars /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Plus I'm drunk!

William
02-19-2004, 08:18 PM
FRESH BLOOD!!! MobyDick aka Ghost of William aka Count Vloby will be leaning towards your neck later in the evening.

Where is the damn cuffin? We have a guest tonight (and no, it is not GoM) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William
02-19-2004, 08:22 PM
You have no right to the Crown, the PEOPLE's WILL will come through, you will be exiled.

HE HE, not if I cut everybody's head before. (wich in a way it's just what is going to happen) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 08:24 PM
How much is our LL bet today William?

d'Amphoux
02-19-2004, 08:25 PM
How does a newbie get involved in the tourney (pw), last longers, etc?

I will check messages here up until post-time.

ohkanada
02-19-2004, 08:27 PM
You need 25 posts and then you can pm eMarkm.

Ken Poklitar

TheGrifter
02-19-2004, 08:30 PM
I know this should probably be a different thread, but why the 25 post rule? Some people on here post 25 times in an afternoon.

IMHO if you're going to have an exclusionary rule then at least make it worthwhile.

P.S. This post isn't addressed to any individual, merely the "powers that be"

Lori
02-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Things were quieter when the rule was made.

Lori

William
02-19-2004, 08:37 PM
How much is our LL bet today William?

I was wondering when I was going to read that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess I must make an attempt to get my 20$ back from behind ennemy lines /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So 20 it is BananaBoy /images/graemlins/smile.gif
William

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So 20 it is BananaBoy

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed !

oh BTW I am putting a 20$ bounty on William/MobyDick's head paid to the player who puts him out of his missory before I myself am out of the tournament.

(So bacically he is paying the bounty on his head himself, Ouch! that must Stiiing.

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh BTW I am putting a 20$ bounty on William/MobyDick's head paid to the player who puts him out of his missory before I myself am out of the tournament.

(So bacically he is paying the bounty on his head himself, Ouch! that must Stiiing

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paid directly?

William
02-19-2004, 08:47 PM

Ok and BTW, the bet's off /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ouch! that must Stiiing.

Ouch Ouch, that must stiing even more /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paid directly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be pleased to guarantee it and do the collecting myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CrackerZack
02-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Since you mentioned the NEPC, and I won't be able to attend, I challenge you and your good times to a $10 last longer bet. Plus you've been to vegas more recently than me. Agreed?

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Can't call the bet off, I know where you live and I might be coming there soon.

William
02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Can't call the bet off, I know where you live and I might be coming there soon.

Yes I can and I do and you are welcome to visit me. Just head to the big queue where all the bikers are patiently waiting /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS. Don't forget to pay the bounty /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I can and I do and you are welcome to visit me. Just head to the big queue where all the bikers are patiently waiting

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's a first. A poker player agreeing to a LL bet and then reneging when mildly insulted. William, I do hope your kidding. I would hate to lose that much respect for someone so quickly. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 09:00 PM
If you bet the pot on the river and your opponent calls you, is it customary for you to whimp out and say no, I cancel the bet?

Well, in that case I do not think you get another game in this town, might as well go fishing buddy boy.

SpicyF
02-19-2004, 09:01 PM
so can anyone send me this password so I can gamble some?!

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Lori and Simon have been "deputized". I think they are both on...if you don't get it in a bit Frank pm me and I will give it to you.

Stage

William
02-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Stage my lad, perhaps while you were rolling on the floor containing the bellyache caused by the hysterical laughing, you eyed your balls hiding under the bed and YOU would like to engage in a punch-under-the-beltfree LL ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

It's ok, I'll wait a while, I know you have to recover after fainting....
I understand...the chock....facing an -EV situation.... scary, brrrrr.....
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpicyF
02-19-2004, 09:07 PM
If I only knew what deputized meant, but I got the pw now, thanks!

William
02-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Well, in that case I do not think you get another game in this town, might as well go fishing buddy boy.

All I know is that next time I go fishing in Sweden, I won't be surprised if you are at the cardroom.
Don't forget to pay the bounty. Or...you could call it off...Oh no, I forgot, you don't do that...

yct
02-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Can someone kindly PM me the passwd for KOTZ 3? Thx.

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stage my lad, perhaps while you were rolling on the floor containing the bellyache caused by the hysterical laughing, you eyed your balls hiding under the bed and YOU would like to engage in a punch-under-the-beltfree LL ?

It's ok, I'll wait a while, I know you have to recover after fainting....
I understand...the chock....facing an -EV situation.... scary, brrrrr.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The only -EV situation that I would be facing if I agree would be the wonder of whether or not you would back off not to mention whether or not you would pay.

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed...best attempt EVER. But..."lick between the rolls" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it is like marrow. hard to fathom, but full-O-flavor

http://mindscraps.com/s/contrib/edoom/throwup.gif

GoM

yct
02-19-2004, 09:38 PM
mason taking you out to dinner? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 09:42 PM
48 and counting, 20 minutes until it starts, quite a few infamous players in allready.

William
02-19-2004, 09:42 PM
The only -EV situation that I would be facing if I agree would be the wonder of whether or not you would back off not to mention whether or not you would pay.

1) I will certainly back off if you announce you are putting a bounty on my head after agreeing to the bet, and if you don't understand why I do that, then you are in the same league as BananaBoy.

2) If you are afraid about getting paid, ask the above mentionned BananaBoy, how many seconds it took me to pay him a couple of weeks ago, when he won the bet we had at the Zoo vs SS vs Toons tourney.

Let me know if you dare, instead of finding silly excuses. No shame in admitting you are scared (well, maybe a little /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

MattHatter
02-19-2004, 09:47 PM
why not just play tit for tat. Stoop down there and use his LL to put a bounty on his head.. then next time you can both agree to the futility of the endeavor ahead of time.

It would be funny if you were both effectively paying the bounties on your own heads. Is that right.. lemme think..

Great.. now im confused /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Matt

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mason taking you out to dinner? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

in his DREAMS !

caveman found a box of ribbed condoms, and i'm providing the BBQ sauce.

that, and your late entry officially makes a petri dish experiment look lightning fast

http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gif

GoM

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) I will certainly back off if you announce you are putting a bounty on my head after agreeing to the bet, and if you don't understand why I do that, then you are in the same league as BananaBoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what you could have done W(himpy) is to have put a bounty on my head, but nooo, you wimp out of the bet leaving yourself honorless.

The Bounty stands and I'll even pay it out if anyone beats you out before the money (me being in or not) and also as before mentioned to anyone beating you out before I myself am out, even if it is in the money.

PS: the bounty is 20$ and those terms are not cumulative /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 09:50 PM
You are absolutely correct and I apologize for the end of my statement. I have no reason to believe that you would not pay. A gentlemans agreement is hereby made.

What say you to a simple $10 Last Longer bet?

Oh, and my balls were right where I left them... I will leave the punchline up to others. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William
02-19-2004, 09:52 PM
why not just play tit for tat. Stoop down there and use his LL to put a bounty on his head.. then next time you can both agree to the futility of the endeavor ahead of time.

NAHHHH, rather save the 20 and buy a good book...something usufull, like conning, stealing, rigging...

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
caveman found a box of ribbed condoms, and i'm providing the BBQ sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost afraid to ask where he found them...

Try Sweet and Sour...amazing mix of flavors. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sawil
02-19-2004, 09:56 PM
last min. last longer bet up for grabs ... $20 ... first taker ?

MattHatter
"NAHHHH, rather save the 20 and buy a good book...something usufull, like conning, stealing, rigging... "

When you get it could you OCR it in and email me a copy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt

William
Now what you could have done W(himpy) is to have put a bounty on my head, but nooo, you wimp out of the bet leaving yourself honorless

What would be the point then?
If you remove the bounty, the bet is on again, else, find somebody else to play your games.
William

William
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
What say you to a simple $10 Last Longer bet?

stage, you're on and apologies accepted /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Good luck to you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eMarkM
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
$558 first
$372 2nd
$223 3rd

Entire final table pays!

yct
02-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Lady luck is not with me tonight, bust out 4 $30 tournaments early big or small including KOTZ. Couldn't hit the big draws, and always got out drawn by opponents. Better luck to the rest of you.

morgant
02-19-2004, 10:30 PM
i logged into stars last night to register cause i would be home a tad late tonight, now i can't get the client to open. i uninstalled and reinstalled, i am getting an error message that says windows may not have permission to access the item...i can open all my other poker clients though, and the internet????? help morgy please

RollaJ
02-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Im out to a 1 outter on the river.
Once again F Pokerstars /images/graemlins/mad.gif

yct
02-19-2004, 10:34 PM
I hope you have a 2nd pc.

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 10:42 PM
don't feel too bad. I needed a 2 outer to drop jek. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

skaboomizzy
02-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Out in 45th. I think I'm front-running for Fish Of The Year.

wayabvpar
02-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Lordy, I was just brutalized left and right. TT whipped by QQ, folded 99 to two all in raises on a 3J8 board, only to see T7 fall, all in with short stack with KJ v KQ. Certainly not my night.

AAmaz0n
02-19-2004, 10:50 PM
*sigh*

JTs in the SB, call a raise from the button. Flop J T 2, I think that I'm golden. check raise almost all in. turn is a blank and I put in the rest.

Button has A A, and I'm feeling g00t. 2 on the ribber pairs the board and my only 2nd ever PL experience is over. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

arrrrrrg.

Shauna

Ps. maybe I should have waited till the turn to pop it? Too aggressive early on? I'll check it out in PL forum.

morgant
02-19-2004, 10:53 PM
well, unfortunately i figured out how to open up starsss. fold a few hands to find a pair of hooks on the button, my stack has been folded down to 1100. there is an ep raise and a cold call. i push pot to 720? lp calls, flop comes low two clubs, he puts me in with AK, turn is a king, /images/graemlins/mad.gif, morg. goes home from a tourn. in which he played one orbit.............it was fun.

dogsballs
02-19-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fuuuuk them caveman!

best kotz-related, last minute, attempted try for the password in the _history_ of the tourney.

come on over, bring tequilla and condoms. we will laugh at the rock garden while you lick between the rolls.

HURRY!!!
(unless you are mason posting under an assumed name, then you can stay the hell away. you think i bought that "i have a rash" shitola you pulled on me last night with your no-show?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny styleee, if ever anything was...

CrackerZack
02-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Abused by my entire table. I feel like a used condom.

jedi
02-19-2004, 11:02 PM
I had AK and raised the pot. It was raised pot behind me and I thought it was a re-steal attempt. I re-raised, and he re-raised me back, putting me all in.

He had AA. Luckly for me, I hit a King on the flop, and rivered another King. Suckout city!

[ QUOTE ]
don't feel too bad. I needed a 2 outer to drop jek. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LondonBroil
I'm hangin in there. Pleased with my performance so far. Now I'm gonna go screw it up when the blinds get bigger.

daryn
i would be up for this but i didn't make it to the forum in time /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vehn
02-19-2004, 11:03 PM
You loved it.

jpg777
02-19-2004, 11:07 PM
42nd in my first Kotz event. Got it all-in pre-flop AJ vs LondonBroil's AK.

dogsballs
02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Now what you could have done W(himpy) is to have put a bounty on my head, but nooo, you wimp out of the bet leaving yourself honorless

What would be the point then?
If you remove the bounty, the bet is on again, else, find somebody else to play your games.
William

I don't usually say anything much that might p*ss people off around here, but you're being lame, William. Make a bet, stick with it; join in the fun that banana's having with it. Remove that stick that seems to get too easily lodged in the old cornhole...

jmho. No disrespect intended....just join in if you're joining in.

dogs

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 11:13 PM
I persisted in getting out before William, so there is 20$ he lost allready, get him out before the money and 20$ is yours /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Tall
02-19-2004, 11:17 PM
We're even BOSSman.

Peace,
JT

William
02-19-2004, 11:17 PM
I persisted in getting out before William, so there is 20$ he lost allread

Damn, I'll never learn /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Caveman
02-19-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fuuuuk them caveman!

HURRY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone showed up Ghost of Mae they are an imposter. Cavewoman saw your post and decided to use the new club I gave her for valentines day on me! As I was running for my life I couldn't help but regret getting her the fancy one with all the sharp spikes. Luckily for me she is one of you more modern completly upright individuals and can't climb worth a darn. Thank you for the kind words and offer to console me Ghost of Mae but please refrain from doing so in the future. Those spikes on her club really hurt and if she ever gets a clean shot I fear that I will become extinct.

Jim Kuhn
02-19-2004, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those spikes on her club really hurt and if she ever gets a clean shot I fear that I will become extinct.

[/ QUOTE ]

The value of Cavemen are greatly overrated! You need someone to keep the little ole Cavewoman warm if something happens to you?

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 11:32 PM
I followed not far behind when everybody and their brother went all in with an A /images/graemlins/grin.gif Unfortunately, mine sucked and nottom took a huge pot down with AK

Joe Tall
02-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Lorinda trapped me.

She made it T300, I made it T800 to go in the SB w/99, she calls.

I push in T3000+ on a 875 flop and she calls, having me barely covered, and shows TT.

No 6, No 9, I'm on the rail.

I feel OK, as I think I played much better than the past.

Thank you again to eMark and Simon,
Joe Tall

steeser
02-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Well, I was just the chip leader, when Moshimoshi made the standard raise, I popped him with KK, Zee went all-in, Moshi went all-in and I called.

Moshi had AA, Zee had JJ, and none of us improved.

eMarkM
02-19-2004, 11:49 PM
Blinds 75/150, Catfish4U (5305) limps, I (2160) raise the pot to 675 with AQo. He calls flop comes KQT all clubs, I have no club. He checks, I go allin 1485. He calls with his gutshot and club draw. He rivers a club. Got my chips in with the best hand (57:42), not much more I could do.

William
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm out as well, TT against Nottom's AK. K on flop. Oh well...

GhostOfMae
02-19-2004, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those spikes on her club really hurt and if she ever gets a clean shot I fear that I will become extinct.

[/ QUOTE ]

sharp spikes?

hmmm, i'm getting an idea.

it involves 2 leather strap-on harnesses, 28" of black latex (14" each), and you tied to the bed face down.

does she like to munch rug?? bring her along, we will have you screaming for the vaseline in 30 seconds.

ooo, i'm moist

HURRY i said, HURRY!!

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck13.gif

GoM

jedi
02-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Having majorly sucked out twice to stay alive, my third showdown was my AQ to CM Burns' AJ. Unfortunately he caught a Jack to end my night.

HavanaBanana
02-19-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm out as well, TT against Nottom's AK. K on flop. Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

20$ allready sent to nottom, be sure it was the 20 you sent me last tourney W. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GhostOfMae
02-20-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Having majorly sucked out twice to stay alive, my third showdown was my AQ to CM Burns' AJ. Unfortunately he caught a Jack to end my night.

[/ QUOTE ]

i popped in while losing $600 elsewhere, and you were near the top.

they cheated and colluded against you rJ. there can be NO OTHER explanation since i had lee j turn off the action flops for that little picnic.

unless of course burnsy caught the J on the river. as you know, stars river suckouts are written in the code, and thus can't be altered.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/533.gif

GoM

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 12:02 AM
The current crown holder just went out 21st. William now has 483 points. That's the number to beat to take the crown. Winner of this event will get 295.

Of remaining players, Lori has best shot, but she would come up short if she wins. She's end up with 454. Looks like William will retain the crown for now. (These are preliminary calculations)

Sheriff Fatman
02-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Painful - AQs vs KQo.

King on the turn put paid to my event but allows me some sleep before work.

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Another strong finish for you, you'll be moving up in the rankings.

steeser
02-20-2004, 12:27 AM
First Zoo tourney for me.

Short stacked at the end. Two hands come to mind. Chip leader (CM Burns) is a blind, Vehn raises all-in and I only have 2500 and have KQh. I fold, and chip leader calls. Vehn had 55 and CM had ATh. I would have flopped 3 Q's and turned quads.

Then the hand I go out on. I raise from the button with 44. Nottom re-raises the pot, and Burns re-raises Nottom all-in. I think this can't be good for me, until they both show down KQ. That leaves me a 60% favorite to triple up. But they both hit each of their two outers, with a Q on the flop and a K on the river for good measure. My 2 outer was nowhere to be found.

Fun tourney though, not used to play being like a final table the whole way through.

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 12:39 AM
lorinda (duh)
Catfish4u
nottom
CM Burns (leader)
VinnyTheFish
vehn
moshimoshi
LondonBroil
SteelBallsD

yct
02-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Of remaining players, Lori has best shot

Have I already mentioned that I get 50% of Lori's action? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
02-20-2004, 12:43 AM
had a great run, was number 2 when we had 17 left,

but then I took AK vs AJ pot committed preflop, but he flopped top pair and had the bomb when I pushed the last of my stack in.......down to 900, and got a double up, but couldn't last when the blinds went up to 200/400

painful way to go....ah well...that's poker

RB

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Had Q5s, ran into 77 that flopped a set

TheGrifter
02-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Vehn v. Al would make an interesting final two.

Vehn
02-20-2004, 12:46 AM
welp if I'm gonna go out thats fine with me. At least I got paid /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Had A3, caught 3 on J high flop vs chip leader moshimoshi. moshi had JT

skaboomizzy
02-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Finished fishy there, but got 2nd in a 10+1 2-table SNG later to make it a profitable night overall.

Time for vodka and diet Coke.

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 12:58 AM
A3 vs 99. No help for the Queen. She'll move up nicely in the rankings.

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 01:08 AM
London makes a move with T9 and is put all in by moshimoshi's AT. 9 on the flop and it's doom for moshi.

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Raises Burns, the chipleaders blind who puts his 44 in with Q6. Catches 6 on turn.

LondonBroil
02-20-2004, 01:13 AM
1st to out in 3 hands? I feel so dirty.

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Crippled by made flush draw from VinnyTheFish

Vinny was short stack, now leader. Great comeback!

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 01:54 AM
A4 vs QJ, 4 on flop, but SteelBallsD rivers a J

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Capone with AA vs Vinny's top pair K on flop. A proper end to the tourney with the winner getting all the chips with the best hand!

I tried to request hand history of every major confrontation on final table. I will compile a full final table report sometime next week.

VinnyTheFish
02-20-2004, 02:04 AM
Thx EM!

For all those who do not like Capone ... I am on the band wagon!

Nah ... congrat Capone et al.

P.S. no more Omaha!

eMarkM
02-20-2004, 02:05 AM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
William 483.37
Stagemusic 415.25
Al_Capone_Junior 372.04
mosch 351.51
Sherriff Fatman 340.17
VinnyTheFish 329.11
ohkanada 328.96
Lori 323.46
wayabvpar 317.18
bubu 306.06
</pre><hr />

Official full results to come in a few days.

Simon Diamond
02-20-2004, 02:34 AM
Ed's preliminary standings match mine, so that is pretty much how they will look.

I make the first set of rankings for all HE games as follows:

1 - Al_Capone_Junior (372.04)
2 - mosch (351.51)
3 - William (328.39)
4 - VinnyTheFish (309.43)
5 - C M Burns (302.17)
6 - Lori (270.41)
7 - ohkanada (261.36)
8 - Sheriff Fatman (257.23)
9 - Stagemusic (250.01)
10 - Fmonti (230.76)

My SD ranks are as follows:

1 - William (3,007)
2 - Stagemusic (2,642)
3 - Sheriff Fatman (2,357)
4 - eMarkM (2,227)
5 - ohkanada (2,197)
6 - Lori (2,186)
7 - Al_Capone_Junior (2,136)
8 - wayabvpar (2,073)
9 - VinnyTheFish (1,980)
10 - mosch (1,946)

Great job on the organising front again Ed, KotZ is looking very healthy in 2004 to date. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

wayabvpar
02-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Wow..can't believe I stayed in the top 10 after my godawful performance last night. Can we have another tourney tonight? I can't wait 3 weeks!

lostinthought
02-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks Everybody for a great time.
Last night was my first KOTZ tourney -
I was pleased with how it went, except for CM Burns running over me,
and my A10s being busted by 910o in my last hand.

I look forward to the next one..

btw - I was moshimoshi

Sheriff Fatman
02-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Well done in your first event.

If only you hadn't knocked me out, I'd have said it without the gritted teeth! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

William
02-20-2004, 04:47 PM
20$ allready sent to nottom, be sure it was the 20 you sent me last tourney W.

The difference betwen us to bananaboy, The 20s I win, I usually keep /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The difference betwen us to bananaboy, The 20s I win, I usually keep

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get to a higher level W, you will realize that sometimes you get further ahead if you take one step back to go 3 steps ahead, than just 1 step forward at the time.

William
02-20-2004, 05:10 PM
When you get to a higher level W

What would you know about a higher level? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't see you there yet /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
02-20-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would you know about a higher level?

I haven't see you there yet

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on the mountaintop, I have seen the other side.

William
02-20-2004, 05:19 PM
I've been on the mountaintop, I have seen the other side.

Ahhhhh, you mean the first valley?

There are many more mountains to climb and many other sides to see.

But don't despair, you're still young, perhaps one day you will make it... /images/graemlins/grin.gif