PDA

View Full Version : To Mosch...as promised

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 08:23 AM
First, congratulations on your nicely done win last night. Well played. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Second, geez what a bunch of suckouts at the tables. Everyone who was an underdog going in caught the perfect card it seemed. I did like 3 times. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Third, I promised you that I would post this...

It was reasonably early in the tournament and blinds were at 50/100. You were UTG and had made a raise to make it 420, folded around to me on the CO. I looked at my cards and decided to go all in with my smaller stack of 1300 or so. You thought quite awhile before folding. You said you might post this hand and I told you that I would answer. Well, here's the answer.

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

mosch
02-19-2004, 01:06 PM
I had 3605 chips, Stagemusic had 1495.

I was UTG with pocket jacks, blinds were 75/150, and I made it 420 to go. Stagemusic is in the CO and raises all-in. I take about a minute to try to think about what range of hands Stagemusic would do this with, and where I stand in relationship to them.

After about a minute of thinking his his likely hands, I folded.

And thanks for the good fight at the end there! I really enjoyed the short-handed play with you, and DrPhysic. It was a lot more interesting than most end of tourney play that I've been involved in.

Stagemusic
02-19-2004, 01:17 PM
You were about a 54-46 favorite pre flop. I hate JJ such a good hand and yet so easily killed by a malicious flop /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And last night the boards were being quite malicious. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Again, nice job on your win. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
02-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Congrats to both of you. That was fun. As you properly demonstrated, I am still a learner at short handed play, but I had a ball playing against you both. You know not how valuable the experience is for us that are learners to play in the SNGs against people like both of you, Kurn, Wm, Cris, PM, HeyRocker, Al, McM, Tim, Vinny etc.

Look for both of you next week.

Doc

William
02-19-2004, 04:56 PM
geez what a bunch of suckouts at the tables. Everyone who was an underdog going in caught the perfect card it seemed. I did like 3 times.

How many times do I have to say it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif In pre flop all-in situations, the worst hand wins 78% of the time.
It's called the FPP (Fish Protection Program) /images/graemlins/grin.gif