PDA

View Full Version : Can you open account on Empire if you already have Party Poker one

Nikita
02-19-2004, 05:05 AM
I think I read somewhere that if you have an existing account in one the the skins, you cannot create any in the others. Is that true?

It seems that Party runs bunch of checks over addresses and bank account numbers and since pay-pro handles both sites, I was wondering if you can open a regular account on Empire in case you already have one on Party? I mean can you use the same address, bank info etc..

Thanks

csuf_gambler
02-19-2004, 05:34 AM
no

Quads
02-19-2004, 08:52 AM
There are ways to do it.
Different, name, adress and email.
And when you sign up use a different computer (or ISP),
but it seem you can then play from your orignal ip.
Just sign up as your aunt or something.

-- Quads

PuppetMaster
02-19-2004, 10:08 AM
It is perfectly fine to have an account at each skin.

Quads
02-19-2004, 11:17 AM
It was fine up untill a month or so ago, now it wont let you simply open a new account at a skin if you already have an account at another skin.
Get a clue before you respond.

-- Quads

Inthacup
02-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Get a clue before you respond.

It takes a really confident person to make a statement like this. I find it especially amusing that you are so confident...and wrong.

A player can still sign up at Empire if they have a Party account. It takes a few extra steps before it can be done, but it CAN be done.

Now, YOU get a clue before you respond.

Cup

Quads
02-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Read my above post (above the one you responded to)

scotnt73
02-19-2004, 11:33 AM
look at pokerplayer21s title bro.

Homer
02-19-2004, 12:01 PM
How do you have time do write all this crap
Get a life

Remember when you said this? Go find another forum to answer your questions.

BTW, try checking the archives. This topic is discussed approximately every other day.

-- Homer

BradleyT
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
When I tried to sign up on the same computer that has Party installed it knew I already had an account.

So I used another computer in the house and it worked fine.

All you have to do is sign up from another computer.

Inthacup
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
There are ways to do it.

I did read this first. You're still wrong.

You do NOT need a different name or email address to sign up at a skin. All you need to do is use a different computer/IP and you can keep all the other info the same. There's no reason to sign up as your aunt or wife or whoever.

It's fine if an existing Party player signs up to a skin. I have been told that they're just trying to cut down on some bonus abuse. There are some unique features about each skin that you can use as justification. You make it sound like you need to completely change your identity when all you need to do is sign up from a different computer.

Cup

fluff
02-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Interestingly enough, 15 minutes ago out of boredom I tried installing Eurobet from a computer I already used to sign up on Empire, and has other Party Skins loaded, and it worked.

I was sure it wouldn't let me, but it did. Got their measly 50 bucks bonus too...wheee!

Not much point to this post, but I wanted to post anyway.

ArchAngel71857
02-19-2004, 12:30 PM
There are ways to do it.

-- Quads

I can also use my gun to change the channel on my television.

-AA

Quads
02-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Maybe i was a bit out of line, but i dont think i should respond nicely to a person who called me and idiot.

It will let you sing up if you just use a different ip, but i like to use caution in these situations, since if party/empire notices this at some point and decides to close your account and keep your funds theres is nothing you can do about it.

Anyway i have been reading these forums for 6 month now, and when i saw the "no" and decided to let the person who asked know how it is possible.

This has been a great experience, makes me think about getting back to just reading the forums.

-- Quads

BradleyT
02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
When you give flat out wrong/bad advice what do you expect?

It's easy to do. Go to a public library and sign up if you don't have 2 computers. Just remember to uncheck remember password lol.

Inthacup
02-19-2004, 12:40 PM
I doubt he really meant the idiot comment.

Dont listen two these idiots....

If he's serious then he deserves his own ridicule. I mean 'listen two these idiots'? Seems like a joke to me.

Cup

PuppetMaster
02-19-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe i was a bit out of line, but i dont think i should respond nicely to a person who called me and idiot.

It will let you sing up if you just use a different ip, but i like to use caution in these situations, since if party/empire notices this at some point and decides to close your account and keep your funds theres is nothing you can do about it.

Anyway i have been reading these forums for 6 month now, and when i saw the "no" and decided to let the person who asked know how it is possible.

This has been a great experience, makes me think about getting back to just reading the forums.

-- Quads

[/ QUOTE ]
Im sorry for the idiot comment, I wasnt being serious.

I just felt you guys were making him run a mile when all he had to do was walk a few feet.

Cyndie
02-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Have you checked with party about whether they approve, or just do not know?

If they approve, for the reasons of more tables at a time, different promotions, etc...it would be nice to know.

If you do not have official "permission" (almost want to say dispensation) I will email and ask.

Nikita
02-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Getting touchy here:-)Guarding teritory..Good
Sorry if I hurt any old souls feelings, I did not expect to be slapped if I opened my mouth.

Obviously I have to reopen my account here as well:-)

Thanks for the rest of the responses

AAmaz0n
02-20-2004, 05:40 AM
If I use a different IP, do I need to change computers or can I just delete the Party application or supress some cookies? I have a dial up connection that I can use instead of cable, but only one working PC at the moment.

Shauna

Nikita
02-20-2004, 06:09 AM
I think uninstalling Party client software, cleaning up the registry and the cookies from any party entries and installing Empire should be OK.

rebling777
02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
I emailed Empire tech support on this and they said you can no longer open an account on their site if you already have one on another one of their affiliates. So if you've found away around this, it seems to be at your own peril (or your money's peril) So much for the good old days.

Sheriff Fatman
02-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I just followed the above advice from Cup after following this thread the other day but have hit a problem. It lets me log in OK from the original computer after using a different one to set up the account. However, it won't then let me create a real money account from the cashier screen.

Presumably I can get round this from the 'second computer' but I'm unclear as to whether this will be a one-off thing or will affect every transaction I try to make (i.e will I have to do every cashout from a second computer?)

I can't find anything in the T&C's to specifically restrict opening the Empire account but my other concern now is whether, if I press ahead, this could be an excuse to shut down one or both accounts.

Anyone else had the same problem or know if the subsequent cash outs/deposits will be an issue?

crockpot
02-25-2004, 10:50 AM
i know a person who had to create his real money account from the second computer, but he can do transactions fine now on his original one.

i strongly doubt this will be an issue for you.