PDA

View Full Version : Maniacal or Shaq Diesel? AKo

BottlesOf
02-19-2004, 01:51 AM
Pokerstars 3/6, 9-handed. New to the table no reads.

I get A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB

UTG mucks, EP raises, MP1 mucks, MP2 cold calls, MP3 mucks, CO and Button both cc, I raise, I 3-bet, BB mucks, others call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, EP bets, MP2 raises, CO folds, Button folds, I 3-bet, EP folds, MP calls.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif[K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

I bet, he calls.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

I bet, he calls.

ike
02-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Call the flop, raise the turn if no club comes. Theres no scenario I can think of where you'd rather raise the flop than the turn.

BottlesOf
02-19-2004, 02:27 AM
My intention was to get rid of EP in the event that he had a small club. I knew I was taking on the risk of a cap, in case I was against a made flush, but thought that I needed it HU if I wanted ANY shot of winning should a 4th club fall. In retrospect, this may have been flawed, as it is more than likely MP held a club.

Had I called the flop, would you advocate a turn bet or a turn c/r should a blank fall on the turn?

Chaos_ult
02-19-2004, 03:10 AM
I think a turn bet would be in order, due to the fact that they could just check behind if they're on the club draw. Also, if they have a big club, I don't see them folding to a c/r here, and if you're check raising a made flush, you're doing nothing but costing yourself money. Just my two cents.

Joe Tall
02-19-2004, 08:12 AM
I like the c/r 3-bet as you got EP to fold any piece of the board and some rag /images/graemlins/club.gif, hopefully.

Did MP have A /images/graemlins/club.gifTo

Peace,
Joe Tall

BottlesOf
02-19-2004, 01:47 PM
The MP had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. Not the best pf call, if you ask me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BottlesOf
02-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Makes perfect sense, exactly what I thought.