PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check

andyfox
02-19-2004, 12:29 AM
"We are interested in reality," presidential spokesman Scott McClellan said.

This was in response to the administration apparently backing off its earlier prediction of 2,600,000 new jobs going forward.

Bush is going down. The only one who can save him is Osama Bin Laden.

adios
02-19-2004, 03:02 AM
I posted an article about it. Yep the rust belt isn't going to cotton to continued anemic job growth or lack thereof in their neck of the woods.

Wake up CALL
02-19-2004, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so Andy? Is Osama running for the Democratic nomination too?

andyfox
02-19-2004, 12:58 PM
No, he pulled out today. (Sorry, couldn't resist a poke at Mr. Dean--he takes himself so seriously.)

If Bin Laden were to be captured and Al Qaeda consequently weakened, I think that would be a big feather in Bush's cap, enough to put him back on top. Kerry's a stiff, but I think Bush has too many negatives going for him.

If history has taught us anything, however, it's that you never know. But were I a betting man, I'd put my money against Bush.

Zeno
02-19-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush is going down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that Monica's job?

Seriously, many American's wait until after the World Series is over before they really decided on whom to vote for (despite what they may tell all the pollsters). February is not over and the baseball season has not even begun (just spring training). Go easy on the predictions, the season is always uncertain.

-Zeno

ThaSaltCracka
02-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I agree with Zeno, however Bush has some problems he will have to deal with. I am not exactly a Bush supporter, but I think he will be re-elected anyways.

Utah
02-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Problem is that Kerry has no positives going for him. He has no message nor does the Democratic Party.

You can't run a campaign based on hate against the sitting president. That just doesn't get you enough people. Republicans found that out in 96.

I think the Democrats have a huge weakness when it comes to the war on terror. They simply dont have a strategy. Saying the war in Iraq was wrong is not a strategy. Neither is saying, "Well, we should engage the U.N. more".

Are you a betting man? If so, I offer a friendly wager of $100. I'll even lay you 8 electoral votes.

andyfox
02-19-2004, 06:31 PM
I think the Republicans had a particularly bad candidate in 1996. Kerry is more telegenic (how that he's botoxed up). He's more Kennedy-esque (in the good, JFK sense of the word; and, yes, I do know there's a sense that the phrase "good, JFK" is a non-sequiter).

Kerry does indeed talk, for too often, in platitudes and generalities. And Bush does have a $100,000,000 warchest.

My sense, though, is that Bush is going down.

And OK, I'll take the bait. Other than poker, I am not a betting man. But I'll take this one. I'm going to PM you. (If you don't take PMs [I don't], I'll post my hotmail email address and we'll get the bet down.)

Now we're having fun!

andyfox
02-19-2004, 06:40 PM
You're right, anything can happen. And the incumbent certainly has a big advantage. And a $100,000,000 warchest.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-20-2004, 08:44 AM

And they'll trot bin Laden out in chains sometime in late September. Case closed, election over, Kerry still Senator on 1/20/05.

mosta
02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
beware Bush is giving 1.7:1 to win, in the markets. don't get picked off.

adios
02-20-2004, 02:19 PM
I was thinking of the arbitrage possibilities myself.