PDA

View Full Version : Aceaphobia! Did I overplay KK?

William Wilson
02-18-2004, 09:06 PM
One-table, $10 S&G at Stars. It’s early in the tournament with blinds 15/30. I’ve been playing tight, but don’t think we’ve played long enough for me to develop a table reputation. I’m not familiar with the key opponent in this hand.

I have a small chip lead with $1835 in middle position, and am dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG has $1550 and raises 3xBB, making it $120 to go. It’s folded to me, and I triple the bet to $360.

Everyone, including the raising UTG, folds.

Was the raise too much here? I thought about a smooth call, but really didn’t want to see an ace on the flop, considering a lot of players at this level (per my experience) love to push weak and moderate aces as a strange sort of semi-bluff.

I wouldn’t have hesitated to push in all my chips if I was reraised, but wasn’t really looking for him to call. When he folded, however, it drove me crazy.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

William
02-18-2004, 09:35 PM
No thoughs, you did nothing wrong. He probably had one of those hands that can't stand a reraise (medium pair , AJ or the like) and just respected your reraise. End of story.