PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a reverse bad beat story

William
02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
30$ Sng, 2nd level. I have just lost most of my stack to JPs, holding QQ (s*** happens). I have 190 left and I am in the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls and the lavine starts, raise, re-raise, re-re-raise and so on...when it comes to me, the last bet is 480, I just push my last 160 (hey, it makes sense /images/graemlins/smile.gif, everybody seems to have big cards, so the small ones ought to come, right? /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Anyway, 6 Players see the flop, 5 have called the last bet of 480 and I lurk at the small pot of 1140.

Here comes the flop KQ6 rainbow and the betting begins, bet/raise/reraise... /images/graemlins/frown.gif we are 5 left, turn card comes Q, small bet/everybody calls, river A, small bet...
at this point, I head to the kitchen, a nice cold coke before I start looking for the next SNG, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif
WRONG, 2 minutes later when I come back to my computer, I have been timed out, but I have a stack of 1125 /images/graemlins/confused.gif
This one I can't figure out, but I love the game /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take care,
William

ThaSaltCracka
02-18-2004, 08:31 PM
they all must have had A no kicker, thats pretty sweet!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

La Brujita
02-18-2004, 08:49 PM
That is just odd. It is nice to be on the 22% end once in a while.

William Wilson
02-18-2004, 09:22 PM
A no kicker?

M.B.E.
02-18-2004, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they all must have had A no kicker, thats pretty sweet!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No, there was an ace on the river. Final board was K-Q-6-Q-A. Probably whoever bet the river was on a total bluff (pocket deuces maybe) and everyone else folded their king.