PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand with an A on flop

JDErickson
02-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Loose Party table. No specific reads

Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO-1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Comments? Too weak?

mmanne
02-18-2004, 04:34 PM
I would have bet on again on the turn, and then checked the river. By betting the turn, you can clearly laydown to a raise, and you can buy the button, assuring yourself of a check on the river. Maybe others here bet both the turn and the river, but I find that way too many times a weak A will not fold no matter what.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Without any specific reads, bet the turn, and bet a river brick. After all, it is Party, isn't it?

JDErickson
02-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Opponents flipped ATs, KTo, KJs and the ATs takes the pot.

I felt one of these 3 had an A. I didn't think it worth betting any more money into this pot.

Thanx
Jim