PDA

View Full Version : Hand for Review

JDErickson
02-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Loose Party Table. No specific reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Comments?

Thanx

mmanne
02-18-2004, 04:25 PM
I've been trying to get away from these type of call downs. I'm not sure if it's the best move, but I'm worried I get into too much of a weak-tight mode.

When he 3 bets the flop, I think I would have peeled off the turn, and then folded. I can't think of any hand to put him on that I can beat. I guess there's a very outside chance that he has JJ or TT, but I would say there's a much greater chance that he has a better A or a 2-pair hand. There aren't any draws, and most people won't 3-bet a draw out of position.

I definitely fold to his turn bet.

J.R.
02-18-2004, 04:36 PM
let it go on the turn

tripdad
02-18-2004, 04:39 PM
you should have raised pre flop. it's hard to tell what he has w/ any reasonable certainty. maybe: 9-2; A-2; A-9; 22; you may even be outkickered. sometimes i limp from bb w/ AQ or AK to get just this kind of action. in fact, it may have been me you were playing. if so, you beat my rag ace, as i thought you thought i was bluffing. which i wasn't. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheers!

pm me w/bb's screen name. if it was me, i take offense at the "loose" comment. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

joker122
02-18-2004, 04:39 PM
A way to avoid these situations is to not be in them, that is, don't play ATo, it's not a great hand.

JDErickson
02-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Opponent flipped 92 for the 2 pair and HHIG

Thanx