PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

WalleyeJason
02-18-2004, 04:09 PM
When I first learned about 2+2 back in 1998 I used to read the old school fourm and made some post here and there.

I was looking back at some of my first posts to see what I was trying to learn as a neophyte. I found a bunch of my old post and there were a few other posters that helped out with some of my silly questions. I was just curious if some of them are still here today, maybe under new screen names.

The only one that I know of uses the same name is "Fossilman"

Are you guys still around?

Dan Hanson

Vince Lepore

Joe"predator"Nardo

David Steele

C. Villalobos

Michael Hunter

skp

Dick in Phoenix

Big John

John Feeney

Rick Nebiolo

Just curious,

WJ

J.R.
02-18-2004, 04:31 PM
FYI: You can use the search function to look for all posts by a particular username, and in doing so might discover a few of the names you posted still post under the same name.

CrackerZack
02-18-2004, 04:35 PM
I've often wondered about Dave in Cali.

Vince posts very rarely now, Rick and C. Villalobos made posts today. skp still posts at times in Mid/high.

Clarkmeister
02-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Dave in Cali is here in spirit. I know he reads the board regularly.

Howard Burroughs
02-18-2004, 06:42 PM
This is off the top of my head.............

Just my opinion btw,

Dan Hanson - No longer posts (at least not as Dan Hanson). One of the all time great 2+2 posters.

Vince Lepore - Once a 2+2 posting legend. Went to rgp. Changed his posting style on rgp (IMHO). Made his last post on rgp today. He still posts on 2+2 but maybe we'll see more of him on 2+2 in 2004 now that he gave up his daily battles with Quad Nines, etc.

Joe"predator"Nardo - Name's not ringing a bell with me.

David Steele - I believe he still posts here a lot.

C. Villalobos -After a LONG absence I see he is posting again. He had some good stuff back in the late 90's. Good to see him back.

Michael Hunter - Not ringing a bell.

skp - 2+2 legend, still posts. Almost exclusively in the mid-high hold'em forum.

Dick in Phoenix - Saw a post from him recently. Posted a lot back in the day. Good to see him back.

Big John - I have not seen him on 2+2 in ages. He does still post on rgp (not as Big John though). Always one of my favorite posters.

John Feeney - He still posts here. Just not as much as back in the day. The last I heard, he was thinking about getting more heavy into music.

Rick Nebiolo - Still a posting legend. Both here and on rgp.

Dave in Cali - As Clarkmeister said, he's always close by (I believe his Dave in Cali handle is in semi retirement though). I always enjoy reading his posts.

Best Wishes

Howard

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 09:10 PM
The answer is that Dave in Cali and Al Capone Junior are the same person. I changed my handle when I stopped living in cali and had been away from poker for a long time, more than a year. I have thought about reviving some of the old Dave in Cali stuff tho, like Magoo of the week awards.

Ironically Al Capone Junior (aka dave in cali) is about to move to vegas, and spend time playing back and forth between vegas and cali....

For any doubters, Dave in Cali and Al Capone Junior both have the ace of spades tattooed on their left shoulder. If you search the archives hard enough, you'll find the proof. Of course if you are willing to do that there is something seriously wrong with you!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al Capone Junior tho has focused more on online play and no limit games, plus stud and stud-8. Dave in Cali, who basically only really had limit hold'em and O-8 in california to choose from, and hates O-8 (just like me) obviously focused mostly on limit hold'em.

al

Vehn
02-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Did you pay back the people you owed money to that kept popping up here looking for you?

Mike Gallo
02-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Did you pay back the people you owed money to that kept popping up here looking for you?

Dude, you beat me to it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't have any idea what you are talking about. And you know what - I don't care, nor do I want to know.

However, it does not surprise me one bit that you would be too busy being a jerk and making attempts to butt into other people's business to bother posting anything worthwhile in this thread.

My advice to you vehn is to go to hell, go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200. You can quote me on that.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 10:03 PM
look you f*cking vultures, if there was someone popping up here saying I owed them money, I wasn't around for it nor do I know or want to know anything about it. This is worthless discussion that has no redeeming value. Check my post to vehn for what you can do.

al

Mike Gallo
02-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Post deleted by MG in NJ

Vehn
02-18-2004, 11:08 PM
rofl. Ya know, I was willing to just get in my shot and let it go, and then you have to not only deny knowing anything about it, but send me a insulting PM warning me that you've tattled on me to the moderator for attempting to destroy your "reputation". Welp guess what bub? You chose to reveal your identity here - you have to deal with the consequences of that. I'm not destroying your rep, I'm revealing it. Choke on it.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=43285&page=&view=&sb=5&o= &vc=1) will refresh your memory, you piece of crap.

Also see my post in the Zoo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=535089&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=) for another interesting thing about Mr. Capone.

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Your apology now deleted?

well this had been my response...

OK MG I accept your apology. I got extra pissed because I don't want to have to get a lawyer in order to post on NVG, sorry for being reactionary.

To be honest, I only ever surfed because I like to chase women, not because I like surfing! Haven't surfed in a couple years, haven't been close to the coast except for the occasional fishing trip.

I miss the trop, or at least what the trop used to be when I was around there.

Now... not sure. but done with the wars, not going to keep clogging up the forum with BS.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 11:16 PM
I don't care about any of your links. What I would like to see is you to get banned, as you well deserve. But unfortunately you manage to keep from getting banned regularly. I could care less what any posts on the internet forum contain. You and your vulture friends can go to hell, as I already suggested to you.

MG has class, he apologized for pointless gossip, and I accepted and apologized back for getting mad. you however, as usual, just try to stir up [censored] without ever discussing anything useful at all.

al

Vehn
02-18-2004, 11:19 PM
What part of the Terms of Service have I violated that would cause me to be banned?

Paid back those 4 dimes yet?

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 11:30 PM
any and all debts of my past are long taken care of. You know NOTHING about me. you are just starting sh*t because you're an a$$hole. You can bring up any posts you want and say whatever you want, but the bottom line is that you are NOT respected by the serious posters on these forums that want to have legitimate discussions about topics of interest. ALL your posts are just attempts to start [censored]. I don't care what supposed dirt you can dig up, it's irrelevant.

I know you are one of the most miserable and pathetic individuals in the world, you must be near suicidal because you cannot feel good about yourself without putting someone else down.

I don't feel sorry for you tho. People like you SHOULD be taken out of the gene pool. If you need 80c for a bullet for your head I will loan you a buck and you can keep the change.

I am done with the flame war too. Not going to play your pathetic game anymore and clog up the forum with bullshit. My opinion of you is well known and won't change. Start whatever [censored] you want. I'll be discussing poker.

al

Vehn
02-19-2004, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you are one of the most miserable and pathetic individuals in the world, you must be near suicidal because you cannot feel good about yourself without putting someone else down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually thats not quite right. I feel pretty good about myself just about all the time, really! But, I feel even better about myself when I can own someone like yourself, here. But close! HAND!

Homer
02-19-2004, 02:47 AM
Don't you love how an innocent post like this can degenerate into a bitchfest?

I hate people.

theBruiser500
02-19-2004, 05:47 AM
I've seen Al Capone Junior make good posts, I think some in responses to my questions so I like him. Also, I'm pretty sure Vehn said something I found funny on a thread recently so I like you both and I think you should make up and be friends.

danny

WalleyeJason
02-19-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you love how an innocent post like this can degenerate into a bitchfest?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never knew that this post would get this much attention!

WJ

daryn
02-19-2004, 02:25 PM
wow, i mean, i'm no vehn lover myself.. but it doesn't seem like he did anything wrong here. al capone exploded like a volcano, vehemently denying all accusations of oweing money.. the question is, who's lying?

Homer
02-19-2004, 04:40 PM
but it doesn't seem like he did anything wrong here.

Yeah, other than bringing up a topic from years ago that had nothing to do with him.

He's very good at taking jabs at people, then telling them to calm down and relax after they flip out, in such a way that they appear to be overreacting.

-- Homer

WalleyeJason
02-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Homer, For god sakes 5175?

Keep it up!!!

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

daryn
02-19-2004, 06:51 PM
i think i agree with you.

where were we /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Vehn
02-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks.

Mike
02-19-2004, 07:45 PM
I used to trade posts and email with Dave in Cali when he posted here frequently. In posts and email we shared, I thought Dave in Cali was a pretty upstanding guy who knew his game better than almost anyone here at the time. I understood some changes came upon him and he changed focus in his life and quit posting. Such is life....

As far as public posts go, I do not remember any posts about Vehn is referring to with the exception an occasional person would ask if Dave still posted here. Perhaps this is a subject that should be dropped as it isn't really any of our concern or business?

Diplomat
02-19-2004, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any and all debts of my past are long taken care of. You know NOTHING about me. you are just starting sh*t because you're an a$$hole. You can bring up any posts you want and say whatever you want, but the bottom line is that you are NOT respected by the serious posters on these forums that want to have legitimate discussions about topics of interest. ALL your posts are just attempts to start [censored]. I don't care what supposed dirt you can dig up, it's irrelevant.

I don't feel sorry for you tho. People like you SHOULD be taken out of the gene pool. If you need 80c for a bullet for your head I will loan you a buck and you can keep the change.

I am done with the flame war too. Not going to play your pathetic game anymore and clog up the forum with bullshit. My opinion of you is well known and won't change. Start whatever [censored] you want. I'll be discussing poker.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

Err...who is trashing who here?

-Diplomat

Pipedream
02-19-2004, 08:33 PM
I think this battle should be settled with a televised No Limit Headsup freezeout between Al and Vehn. The winner gets to give the loser a Ric Flair chest slap and yell 'Woooooooo!', putting the other man to shame on national TV.

Pipedream

cold_cash
02-20-2004, 05:32 AM
Gotta love the Nature Boy.

Rick Nebiolo
02-20-2004, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys still around?

Dan Hanson

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan quit the forum when he was subject to IMO unjust personal attacks on the other topics forum. He and his friend Steve started this political blog (http://www.happyfunpundit.com/) which I check out now and then. Dan was a great poster and seemed to be a cool guy but I never met him.

[ QUOTE ]
Vince Lepore

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince desendend into RGP hell but has recently vowed he would quit.

[ QUOTE ]
Big John

[/ QUOTE ]

He was having some health problems last time I saw him a couple years ago. This guy was one of the most entertaining people I've ever met and hope he is doing well. I think he plays online.

[ QUOTE ]
John Feeney

[/ QUOTE ]

To the best of my knowledge he is still a goofy left wing west coast type of guy who appears to be in a sort of 1/3 life crises.

[ QUOTE ]
Rick Nebiolo

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me. I didn't know I was gone. I'm working on other games and very busy with personal stuff so I'm not posting on the mid limit forum as much. I work at the Bike and my job is to try to restrain Speed Racer's hyperbolic tendencies on RGP.

Anyway, with 2000 posts a day, the forum sort of overwhelms me regarding keeping up with most of it. I guess I prefer to be a big fish in a small pond /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rick

smudgex68
02-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Stupid me, I checked out the political blog:

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty has been, throughout his career, a great asset, a friend, and the best damn engineer I've ever seen. I can't count the number of times that he's saved us for certain doom

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if saving someone for certain doom is good or bad, I'm a protestant.

Also saw that Al Capone beat Vehn on the final table of the KoTZ.

Don't know if this is good or bad either, I'm a wavy davy.

Vehn
02-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Yup I suck I only got 9th /images/graemlins/frown.gif

smudgex68
02-20-2004, 12:54 PM
That's nothing to be ashamed about

CrackerZack
02-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah, you do suck for that 77 hand. I got abused at that table mostly by you, but jason hold'em gave me a little ralphie treatment also. I'll have my revenge.

thomastem
02-20-2004, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but send me a insulting PM warning me that you've tattled on me to the moderator for attempting to destroy your "reputation".

[ QUOTE ]

There is more than one person that cries to the mod? I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Zeno
02-20-2004, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
....my job is to try to restrain Speed Racer's hyperbolic tendencies on RGP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

I assume this is a losing cause. Why not convince Speed Racer to post some poker tidbits or stories over in 2+2 land - in this forum or in 'Other Topics'. I'm sure he could 'stir up the animals' as H. L. Mencken use to say. Just a semi-serious suggestion. Besides, John Cole is mostly absent nowadays, hibernating with his books and movies. He lost all his verve and is wondering aimlessly about the woods quoting Emerson. We need a replacement.

Regards,

Zeno

Rick Nebiolo
02-20-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....my job is to try to restrain Speed Racer's hyperbolic tendencies on RGP. I assume this is a losing cause. Why not convince Speed Racer to post some poker tidbits or stories over in 2+2 land - in this forum or in 'Other Topics'.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speed Racer posted a bit a few years ago (under a different alias) but found 2+2 devoid of references to "Chip Ho's" and other such matters he finds entertaining. I believe he also finds RGP more useful for sharing news about what goes on in the yellow chip and brown chip games in Los Angeles.

Regards,

Rick

Ulysses
02-20-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Speed Racer posted a bit a few years ago (under a different alias) but found 2+2 devoid of references to "Chip Ho's" and other such matters he finds entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as the scenery is concerned,

1) The Hustler has the most hot women and hoochie mamas hanging
around. The weekly bikini contests were a player favorite.
2) The Commerce has a sprinkling of babes and a goodly supply of chip
hos.
3) The Bike, besides the cocktail waitresses, is a babe wasteland.
(hint to Mr Kelegian---some of the chip runners and brushes would look
really really really good in uniforms featuring miniskirts with side
slits up to their waists, halter tops, and spike heels, similar to the
cocktail waitresses).
4) Hollywood Park is where the hot women, hoochie mamas, chips hos,
and sexy cocktail waitresses go when they turn 40 and are no longer
hot, no longer babes, don't look sexy in their miniskirts and clear
plastic shoes anymore, and no playa playaz with decent vision will
give them chips anymore.

From: Speed Racer post (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hustler+bike+playa+group:rec.gambling.pok er&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=rec.gambling.poker&selm=4034d63f.600517125 %40news4.sucknews.com&rnum=1)