PDA

View Full Version : Zero flops on the bubble

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Hi all,

It's a 20+2$ 2-tables SNG, last 6. 4 get to see the money. Stacks are between 2500-6500. Nobody is really short, or huge. Blinds are 200/400, with 25 ante.

The game is very fast, but on the last 20-30 hands, we don't see a flop. It's either all fold to BB, or somebody raises all-in (or half his stack) and all else fold.
I push with 66/AQ/KJ and few other holdings, Ax, Kx, all fold. I raise once with AA, and of course - All fold. So i win the blinds enough times to stay around 4-6th place, with around T3000.

Basically, Nobody ever calls in this game.

So, is there any strategy here, except pushing with what you think is the best hand and hope to double up, or pushing in a position when you think you can win the blinds?

Is it a crap-shoot?

I busted raising all-in with AT in MP. BB had AK and finally we saw a flop... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

And no, it wasn't a 2+2 SNG.

Any thoughts, for this kind of situation?

PrayingMantis

ThaSaltCracka
02-18-2004, 04:17 PM
try slow playing, especially with the AA. It may be worth to occasionally call, just so a flop is seen. Also if you do have a hand like AA, and you just call, someone else may go all in behind you. which would be good /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Hey Cracka!!

Good to hear from you. Yes, I was actually thinking about slowplaying my aces there, a thing which I usualy don't do. The problem was that they've never seen me limping with a hand the whole game, so I guess my limping with aces would look like I'm limping with aces /images/graemlins/frown.gif (that might be a good reason to limp with some other hands, only to do it later with a monster, if you happen to catch one). Actually, because I was raising more and more times all-in, I hoped they will think my AA is another garbage hand maybe, and that I'm making a move with QJ or something. But it didn't work, and they all folded.

Thanks for the reply,

PrayingMantis

ThaSaltCracka
02-18-2004, 05:28 PM
I see your point, maybe make the undesirable min. raise? I dunno just a thought

BTW, Mantis I am now on stars, my handle is DaEvictor, look for the big green guy

talkinghead
04-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Always good to have the option to lay a hand down i think so try to avoid going all-in on a stack >6 times BB. When first in, if I have >6 times BB my raise with whatever I have (be it J7s or AA) is usually 2.5 times BB. If my stack is <6 times BB my move is all-in

The blinds are big enough that i'm happy to take them down, even with AA.

If re-raised that's when I look at my cards and decide whether to call or fold. I like having that option, everyone else is on the bubble too and unless they have a monster stack, they are unlikely to re-raise without a monster hand. (unless they're a kick ass player, but you should have spotted them by now)

Every time I get knocked out on the bubble I take solice in the fact that I get a lot more 1st places than 2nd and 3rds and the odd bubble finish here and there is the price i pay for that.

VarlosZ
04-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Shoot, I thought this was a thread about the Zero of Clubs flopping while the table was on the bubble.

talkinghead
04-02-2004, 06:35 AM
none of a kind, a good hand to bet with, bad hand to call with