PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Home Game Trip Report

01-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Played the 3/6 home game Friday night. I had a blast! It was nice to play in a very, very laid back game and in one that is not too stuffy. Everyone had a great time, even if they lost.

It was a "tough" game, in that, everyone paid over and over again to see the flop / turn / river. 10 handed game with lots of loose players staying in to see the flop. Lots of str8's / flushes made on the river that killed high pairs.

I only played a few total hands, but won 75% of the ones I stayed in on. Had a bad beat holding the (KK) beaten by pocket rockets (table was rags). Oh well, I made up for it by pulling down a huge pot on an Ako only from LP. That was the hand of the night for me, set up by earlier bluff.

Anyway, everyone was loose and not too concerned with their money. I think the game was just an excuse for killing a keg! Not that I mind in the least bit....(and yes, I did well on the night, but not so well that I won't be invited back!)

Have a good one everyone!

Husker

01-15-2002, 05:29 AM
Ever need an excuse to leave a game?

Learn this common Latin phrase:

"Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!"

(God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!)

01-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Pretty funny Mike!

Fortunately (I think!), I am not married right now. Still young (26) and I have plenty of time for that wife stuff later. The only (3) reasons I ever have to leave a game are:

(1) I am money broke!

(2) We are beer broke!

(3) The dog needs to be let out!

Do you know the Latin phrase for the "My dog needs to pee?" HAHAHA!!!!!!!!

01-15-2002, 05:50 PM
No, sorry, but I hope this might come in handy to start up a conversation between hands sometime:

"Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est."

(The designated hitter rule has got to go.)