PDA

View Full Version : WPT 2003, what show was best?

Adde
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Of all WPT 2003 shows (excluding the final), what show was most fun to watch?

DrSavage
02-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Any show in which they show Phil Helmuth eliminated is good enough for me.

scotnt73
02-18-2004, 12:37 PM
the one with flack and ivey. man that was a pretty good final table. bunch or great players.

pokeraz
02-18-2004, 01:41 PM
My favorite episode is the one with Hellmuth and Grizzle at the same table bickering with each other. I laugh every time I see it.

JoeU
02-18-2004, 01:41 PM
I believe that was the Foxwoods tourney.

That was my favorite WPT event, well, that one and the Bike when Hon Le said "I got mucka Ace-King!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

JoeU
02-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Pokeraz,

That was the WSOP, not the WPT.

It was fun to listen to Sam sing as he made fun of Phil.

Festus22
02-18-2004, 02:43 PM
The two with Gus Hanson were entertaining. Interesting to watch a maniac in action.

The most annoying character was the George The Animal Steele wannabe with his lizard-like tongue flicking about. I thought he was going to start chewing on a turn buckle or something. What was his name?

Nottom
02-18-2004, 02:44 PM
The foxwoods show was my favorite as well.

superleeds
02-18-2004, 02:53 PM
can't remember his name, but the quack quack every other hand pissed me off as well, my vote for the worst.

pokeraz
02-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Of course you're right. Don't know why I was thinking WSOP. In any event, the Legends at the Bike was my favorite.

Army Eye
02-18-2004, 02:56 PM
My favorite was the season opener at Bellagio. Hansen, Juanda, Deeb, Hennigan, Bigler, and Scotty, that's a ridiculous final table.

Abe
02-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Paul Magriel -
Engineering and Math Professor,
Backgammon World Champion,
Author of the BEST backgammon book ever,
Las Vegas Poker Player,
Just your everyday typical genius.

I played at his side game table during last year's WSOP and was later introduced to him. An interesting and nice guy.

So----seeing him do the "quack, quack" on the Reno WPT show, makes it my FAVORITE for the year.

Adde
02-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Thank you all! N/M

DrSavage
02-18-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Paul Magriel -
Engineering and Math Professor,
Backgammon World Champion,
Author of the BEST backgammon book ever,
Las Vegas Poker Player,
Just your everyday typical genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I haven't realised it was the same Paul Magriel. 500 backgammon problems really is the nuts.

ThaSaltCracka
02-18-2004, 08:47 PM
The episode in which Kiril gets second place, can't remember who got first, but that was the craziest ending I have ever seen. Kiril made some awesome bluffs.
I also like the one with Hon Lee, I loved the hand where he outdrew the guy on the river and then he was jumping all over the place, funniest episode. Plus he looks like a bull frog /images/graemlins/grin.gif

George Rice
02-18-2004, 09:04 PM
I don't know about the best backgammon book ever, but I only have his first one.

I saw him at the US Open Backgammon toruney in Dallas a few years ago giving a lecture. He walks in, looking like Quasimodo and all, and I wonder if he really is as good as reputation. Great lecture. Brilliant guy. But I think his poker skills are a few notches below his backgammon skills.

Did anyone see his "tell" at that final table?

George Rice
02-18-2004, 09:07 PM
I liked the Avation Club in France. That clown was entertaining, and got what he had coming. Also Foxwoods (?), where arguably the best player in the world (Lederer) won. I also enjoyed seeing Doyle in one of the tourneys.

scotnt73
02-18-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about the best backgammon book ever, but I only have his first one.

I saw him at the US Open Backgammon toruney in Dallas a few years ago giving a lecture. He walks in, looking like Quasimodo and all, and I wonder if he really is as good as reputation. Great lecture. Brilliant guy. But I think his poker skills are a few notches below his backgammon skills.

Did anyone see his "tell" at that final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

was it him twirling his tongue around his teeth?

Lester Burnham
02-19-2004, 11:09 AM
i don't how but there appears to be a lot of interest in this...i enjoyed the re-run last night [agin]

Nottom
02-19-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hansen, Juanda, Deeb, Hennigan, Bigler, and Scotty, that's a ridiculous final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good one, but I think the Foxwoods table was a better lineup. Lederer, Ivey, Flack are obviously the big names. But Andy Block (two final tables) and Ron Rose (the Tourney of champions winner) are very solid players as well.

The big difference is that the last player at the foxwoods table was obviously outmatched vs. a pretty solid field all the way across at Bellagio.

d'Amphoux
02-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Agree on Foxwoods. It was the first time I really watched Ivy. Also, seeing my favorite dealer on TV was great too...

theBruiser500
02-20-2004, 03:59 AM
Hm, I have to agree with a previous poster that the segment with Grizzle and Hellmuth is hilarious. Scotty Nguyen also made a lot of funny jokes during the WSOP which I can't help but retell everytime I get a chance.

Bluffing Brenes big, showing 83 and then saying "oh [censored], I thought this was blackjack"

Betting Farhah out of a pot, then showing the audience his hand but not Farhah.

danny