PDA

View Full Version : Bunky vs. Lori in a heads up duel (hand to critique)

bunky9590
02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
UB typical 1-2 (limit hold'em)
Bunky is UTG and Lori is BB, nobody else in the hand matters.

Bunky limps, EP limps, MP limps, Button limps, SB completes, Lori checks.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Lori bets, Bunky raises, everybody else runs for the hills and folds, Lori smooth calls.

Turn J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Lori checks, bunky bets, lori calls.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Lori checks, Bunky bets, Lori checkraises /images/graemlins/shocked.gif, Bunky three bets! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif, Lori calls.

Alright, who has what?
Who wins? Results to follow later.

Festus22
02-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Since Bunky raised the flop basically shutting out the downstream callers, I'd say Bunky has a vulnerable hand that he wants to protect. So probably no flush draw. So either a set or 6-5s although the latter would be a VERY loose limp PF.

Lori is representing the straight on the river and given the fact she bet out on the flop, I don't think she would have just a gutshot. Maybe 6-5?

I guess you didn't believe her but I'll go with a set for Bunky and a straight for Lori. Lori wins.

(But given the fact that you posted it, Lori probably didn't have the straight and you won.)

Barry
02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Bunky, are you limping UTG w 66?

Lori may have something like 65 and you lose.

bunky9590
02-18-2004, 12:31 PM
First of all you have 2 strong players who have a pretty good read on each other and respect each other.

Lori's flop bet was clearly for value. Bunky's raise there could mean almost anything. (Set, Heart draw, pocket pair, overcards).

With Bunky limping under the gun it looks alot like Suited Broadway hearts, except why would he raise with those on that flop.(wouldn't he want callers?)

That put Lori to a guessing game. She obviously has a piece of this flop, Bunky knows this, but raised, Lori knows that Bunky knows this and could be bullying out the rest of the field and she could be ahead right now, but against Bunky anything is possible. I better call and wait for the turn to see what he does then.

Turn brings the Jack, and its check call. Go figure Bunky would bet that hand, He's not going to check the turn, no way in heck. River brings the 4.

Now Lori KNOWS Bunky is going to bet, and right on cue he does, so hence the checkraise, but wait, he three bet? He has a 5? From UTG? And...............

Indeed, Bunky shows 55, and Lori shows 44 for the rivered set.

I liked her bet on the flop with the pair + gutshot draw. However, that value bet went to pot with Bunkys raise of the pocket pair + gutshot draw. (great minds think alike)

Lori
02-18-2004, 05:25 PM
I like the analysis Bunky, it sums up exactly what was going on in the pot from how I saw it too.

Lori

Mike Gallo
02-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I like the analysis Bunky, it sums up exactly what was going on in the pot from how I saw it too.

Thats why Bunky is the man /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bunky9590
02-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Goes to show that you can have 2 players capable of third level thinking even at the UB 1-2.

Sorry things didn't work out for you today.
That was a great hand from a lot of different perspectives.
No way could you have figured I had a five. (until the three bet that is.)

chesspain
02-18-2004, 10:02 PM
As the victim of a different lucky Bunky suckout (say that three times fast /images/graemlins/wink.gif), I was summoned to proffer an opinion on this hand:

PF: I would almost always auto-muck this, unless I received a signed note from an least five other players promising to call.

Flop: I like this raise, given the opportunity you have to try to fold out overcards and other such chasers. Just have to hope that Lori's not holding 6x.

Turn: Betting looks good here, since she's telling you that her hand isn't strong enough to risk another raise.

River: Of course, your three-bet is a no-brainer, since the likelihood of her having 57o for the higher str8 is nill.

bunky9590
02-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey eric.

The table was seeing 4 or 5 to the flop with regularity, (one of the reasons I was sitting in the 1-2) The 2-4, 3-6 and 4-8 were between 28 and 32% flop seen. I hate the rock gardens.

I actually thought she played it well considering who she was up against.

Aren't I the luckest SOB on the net?

Dylan Wade
02-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I find these "Guess what I had?" posts really #$#$# annoying. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bunky9590
02-18-2004, 10:33 PM
I can start posting 4 bad beat stories a day and how I make 5 million a year online and being an affiliate instead. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wow. Didn't know it bothered you that much.
Couple deep breaths and all will be okay

Mike Gallo
02-18-2004, 11:32 PM
I think he meant it as a joke.

BugsBunny
02-19-2004, 12:19 AM
When I read the original post I actually had you pegged for 5's. It's entirely consistent with how you play. EP, no raise. Highly unlikely you would slowplay AA or KK, not your style at all. If anything you would raise with stuff that normally wouldn't be raised. So I put you on a low to mid PP (as high as 88, maybe 99 - but you probably raise that), or possibly AJo (but I suspect you're more likely to raise that). ATo you would usually muck (but if you decided to play you'd be raising). So a PP is most likely.

Now the question is which one. This I wasn't sure of till the river reraise. If I was Lori I would have folded to that reraise - because I would *know* that you had 5's. I can't see you reraising without the 5, not against Lori.

I thought that the end result might be a split pot - with Lori having something like 56 - I didn't put her on 4's at all. Although it makes sense after the fact /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lori
02-19-2004, 12:41 AM
I can't see you reraising without the 5, not against Lori

Although I don't buy fur coats for other people, I still like them, and shrimp never was my thing anyway.

Lori

Lori
02-19-2004, 12:46 AM
We had some previous history but mostly only today and were still figuring out each others play and both altering to adjust simultaneously.

The call was almost worth it just to see how he could have a 5 in his hand. I also felt AA and maybe a smaller set were possible.

Finally because of my check raised river, I was thinking there was an outside chance of a 3-bet bluff BECAUSE of the fact bunky knows Im a 2+2er rather than this being a reason that he wouldn't do it.

I felt all these factors added up to a call.

Lori

BugsBunny
02-19-2004, 12:56 AM
Makes sense. Point taken. And yes, sometimes it pays to see a hand even when you know/(strongly suspect) you're beaten just to see how the opponent plays.

Dylan Wade
02-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Do whatever you like man. I don't own this place. lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know, there's like a gazillion hands you guys could have.

bunky9590
02-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Well though out. Nice analysis. You still remember the ATo hand. Good memory.

I'm not a big limp re-raise kind of guy so big pair is out the window. There's not much stuff I limp with UTG but in that game we were seeing a lot of people to the flop so it could fly. One the flop I wantyed those other players out now that I had a very vulnerable hand, hence the raise.

Not that I like to isolate a strong player, but that was a by product of trying to win the pot. At least I had position on her. (score one up for seat selection)

Things worked out for me this time, the 4 on the river made us both so hence the come to life action. As far as the three bet bluff on the river, not likely against Lori. I'd have to write that session off my taxes as a charitable contribution, I knew her hand was strong.