PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Do you fold AA in this situation?

heyrocker
02-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes, this really just happened to me. This is not just theory.

Down to 4 in a $10+1 SNG on Paradise. Myself and another player are extremely shortstacked, the two other guys are about even with the rest of the chips. I have the other shortie slightly covered. At this point the blinds are 150/300 I believe. I am in the SB, shortie 2 is in the BB. After posting, I have 400 and he has 205 so I have the slight advantage here, forcing him to likely go all in on the next hand when he gets the SB.

So here I am in the SB. UTG calls, button folds, and I find AA. My thinking is I could fold this and take my chances when shortie 2 assumedly goes all in on the next hand. He is not dumb, I don't see him being one of these players who will fold his SB leaving him with 55. If he does in fact call then its basically a tossup to him winning or losing against whatever the BB has, and if he wins them I'M the one in the tight spot. OR I could get my chips in here with the best possible starting hand and quite possibly double up, putting him in a much worse position. However of course this opens me up to the possibility of losing, since the BB is very likely to call the 250 with almost any two cards. Results later.

heyrocker
02-18-2004, 09:01 AM
I pushed it in, SB wisely folded leaving me to swing in the wind. BB thought for a few seconds then called the 250 turning over 5h Th, leaving me an 83% favorite.

*** FLOP *** : [ 6h Js 8h ]
heyrocker said, "oh no"
*** TURN *** : [ 6h Js 8h ] [ Jh ]
*** RIVER *** : [ 6h Js 8h Jh ] [ 5d ]
heyrocker said, "oh f***"
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: 1,400 | Board: [ 6h Js 8h Jh 5d ]
NYIsles didn't bet (folded)
heyrocker lost 550 (showed hand) [ Ah Ac ] (two pair, aces and jacks)
Happydays lost 300 (folded)
brewald bet 550, collected 1,400, net +850 (showed hand) [ 5h Th ] (a flush, jack
high)

SB of course dropped out on the next hand. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stoneii
02-18-2004, 09:10 AM
heyrocker

course you know you'd push every time on a $10+1 SnG /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Fold this then watch yer other shortie win his all-in with 94o /images/graemlins/frown.gif, you'd likely be out 4th anyway and wondering what you'd done!!

At least 80 odd percent of the time you get a bigger smaller stack to have a pop at the other bigger stacks and ultimately 1st!!

Unlucky though, heartbreaking.

stoneii

heyrocker
02-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Yeah, you know, the more I think about it it seems obvious that pushing it in was the right thing to do. The SB could have just as easily won with any two cards and its not like we're talking about a WPT entry or something. Its -$11 vs +$9. I was just just frustrated and pissed.

Guy McSucker
02-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I think it's much more likely that the other short stack survives with random cards on the next hand than it is that your aces lose now, so I push.

Guy.

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 10:11 AM
This is simply not a time to fold aces.

You can not only come close to tripling up here, you can knock the short stack out much of the time. Push in.

al

PuppetMaster
02-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Folding aces is a crime against humanity in this situation.

Bozeman
02-18-2004, 01:22 PM
I think calling is much better than pushing here. Give BB a chance to make a mistake.

Craig

William
02-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Heyrocker my friend,

I find it very difficult not making fun of you for posting this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will however control myself hoping you have not gotten any sleep the last 3 weeks, have just finished you 9th whiskey bottle in a row or somethong like that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please keep thinking that way tonight when we meet in the 2+2 SNG

William

heyrocker
02-18-2004, 04:17 PM
OK! OK! Point taken! I did the right thing and just got boned. Honestly, I didn't really think much about folding it and just felt bad about it after I lost.

William
02-18-2004, 05:11 PM
At least you have achieved to create the poll that has had the most unanimous response in the history of 2+2 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, I can't stop laughing /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif