PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when the cards just fall against you?

jedi
02-18-2004, 03:03 AM
I played in 4 $5+.50 sit and goes today, and got hammered. I barely made it to the money on one. The other three, I got pounded. QQ flopping a set, losing to runner-runner 4 card straight. AA getting called in 2 places, one turned a flush, the other flopped J4 for 2 pair. Another QQ getting beat by ATo when the flush came.

I don't think I'm playing awfully. Every time, I got all my money in the middle with the best of it, and like 4 to 1 the best of it as it turns out. I try to review the hands I lose (and win) afterwards to see if I made a mistake, but really can't find any.

Anyways, after the 4th tournament, I decided to quit for the day (afraid I'm going on tilt). What can I do to recover and bounce back?

eastbay
02-18-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played in 4 $5+.50 sit and goes today, and got hammered. I barely made it to the money on one. The other three, I got pounded. QQ flopping a set, losing to runner-runner 4 card straight. AA getting called in 2 places, one turned a flush, the other flopped J4 for 2 pair. Another QQ getting beat by ATo when the flush came.

I don't think I'm playing awfully. Every time, I got all my money in the middle with the best of it, and like 4 to 1 the best of it as it turns out. I try to review the hands I lose (and win) afterwards to see if I made a mistake, but really can't find any.

Anyways, after the 4th tournament, I decided to quit for the day (afraid I'm going on tilt). What can I do to recover and bounce back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep a deep bankroll. Be honest in your self-assessment. If you're getting your money in as a clear favorite, just keep doing it. It will turn around.

Definitely been there. Was there today, in fact. Went out with AK on the bubble twice. Had flushes draw out on me for all my chips twice when I had TPTK or better, and had put the odds way over against the draw. It happens.

eastbay

La Brujita
02-18-2004, 10:57 AM
It is very tough to win with cold cards, the most important thing to do is keep your head up and if you think you may be playing bad just do something else for a while.

I have had losing streaks of 12 and 11 in a row and it is not at all unusual to lose 5 or 6 in a row every week. I just roll with it.