PDA

View Full Version : man i wish that guy had more chips (long)

01-14-2002, 05:15 AM
i'm in a loose, slightly aggressive, 3-6 game and some guy won two in a row so it was a kill pot at 6-12.

i'm on the button and there are 2 raises preflop before it got to me. i call on the button with pocket Q's (should i have reraised?, it would have all but gaurenteed a cap). anyways, the flop came Q47rainbow.

first guy bets, other guy calls, i raise, original bettor reraises, second guy wises up and folds. i call (should i have reraised? i thought about it but i put this guy on pocket Aces, or Kings, i couldn't think of another hand he could raise preflop with and then bet and raise with such aggression on that flop, i wanted him to feel like he was safe.) the turn was a 9, and he bet into me again, i raised again, and he reraised, i called (mistake?). the river was another 4. we were heads up and raises were unlimited, he bet i raised, he reraised, it went on like that till the rest of his stack was in the pot, unfortunately he only had about 50 dollars in front of him at the start of the hand. i got lucky that this guy overplayed the Aces drastically. how would you guys have played the hand? would you have smooth called the flop to keep that third player in?? that was the only thing i thought i could've done to make the pot even larger.

thanks

Preston

preston

01-14-2002, 09:57 AM
In hindsight, it sure looks like the guy was determined to put all his money in no matter what. However you should have re-raised him on the turn.. the time for making him feel safe is over. The pot is large, he has some kind of hand, and he's going to pay it off. I don't know if the call on the turn induced him to put the rest of his chips in or not, but I think when you have the nuts on the turn it cant be too wrong to play it as fast as you can.

As for the 2nd caller.. there was no flush draw.. no probable straight draws, and there was only 1 Queen not heard from. I dont think you could have kept him for much action on the Turn, one bet at most. I beleive you made the most you could from this hand.