PDA

View Full Version : Fold AQs before the flop?

asdf1234
02-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO-1 folds, CO folds, Button 3-bets, Hero folds???

BaronVonCP
02-18-2004, 12:55 AM
I'd fold, but maybe that's too tight?

Allan
02-18-2004, 12:58 AM
I'd fold too.

Allan

joker122
02-18-2004, 01:04 AM
You have to figure that at least one of the raisers has 1 of 4 hands, all of which you are behind: AA, KK, QQ, or AKs.

calvin
02-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Hello,

Well, I would prefer to know the players a little, but I could see myself making this call.

MP1 did open raise, so if he was a decent player, he may do this with a wider range of hands than simple AA, KK, QQ, or AK That is, he may open raise with a hand like KQs, JJ, TT, or even 99. When the button three bets, he could just as easily have a hand like 99 or TT, attempting to get HU with the raiser as it was folded to him.

What I am saying is, it looks like an isolation raise on the button, unless he is a tighter player. If you have a read on MP1 and or the button, I would be more inclinded to call.

Without any reads on the players though, I fold AQs to a what I think is a legitimate three bet. Since the raise came from the button after it was folded to him, I would be much more inclined to call.

Calvin

chesspain
02-18-2004, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I am saying is, it looks like an isolation raise on the button

[/ QUOTE ]

An isolation raise after an MP raise and a coldcall?

calvin
02-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Hello,

Sorry--I thought it was folded to the button. I would be more inclined to fold with the MP2 caller.

Calvin

asdf1234
02-18-2004, 01:56 AM
I just decided that it probably wasn't that great of an idea to play a hand that had high potential to be dominated out of position for three bets. In addition, I didn't really have any reads on these people yet, as it was my SB right after my first BB.

It turned out that the reraiser had TT, with the original raiser folding at some point. A6s ended up taking it down with a spiked ace on the river. Oh well, I'd still fold it in the same situation again.