PDA

View Full Version : heads up tourneys

ripdog
02-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Does anybody else like them? I find that the ten player SNG's take well over an hour to play on UB, and while I place in the money more often than not, I like the immediate return from the heads up matches. I have been playing from $10+$0.50 to $30+$1.50 heads up. I have only a small sample size, but it seems that these games are a nice supplement to the 10 handed games. The players seem easy to peg and I can adjust my game to LAG's very easily--just let them hang themselves. The adjustment to timid play makes me the LAG, but they usually just fold and I slow down if I'm called on the flop. I really enjoy them and feel like I have good control over most of my oponents. How do the rest of you feel about these?

SossMan
02-17-2004, 05:06 PM
I like them because you can often find an easy opponent who will play you a couple of times in a row to try and get his money back.

PDX_David
02-18-2004, 12:58 AM
I like them. Especially the 4 player heads up matches on Stars. I have done fairly well at them too... Maybe I am biased.

I like them because it is fun to be able to see how one person plays. If they are always over raising preflop you can easily trap them. If they are very timid you can knock them off of pots easily. It is fun for me to see how the person plays and change my play accordingly.

Plus, if you are any good at them the time spent versus the payout is very good.

One other reason I am glad that I have gotten into these is when you get to the end of a one or two table match the experience of playing heads up is very valuable.

In a couple of my last 1 table tourneys I have gotten heads up with about 2000 chips to the leaders 10k, I won both times. I have no doubt that the time I have spent in these h2h games has been the difference between first and second many times.

gl
PDX