PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this?

pokeraz
02-17-2004, 01:35 PM
I cannot understand for the life of me why someone would do this in this circumstance.

Down to five, I luckily am chip lead and utg. Blinds 600/1200. Small stack has 1285 after posting blinds. Folded to small stack on the button who moves all in. SB folds AND THE BB FOLDS? WHY? It's T85 to call.

I placed 1st so it was no skin off my nose but some people are really dense. I don't care what you have in your hand, shouldn't you be calling? He was getting something like 40:1 on his call. Just goofy.

Interstingly enough, he busted out fifth after letting that short stack double up. I took a perverse pleasure in watching his downfall.

Warik
02-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Yep... some people are completely braindead. When I play tourneys I cringe in the 4-5 seconds between the time where the "about to bust" guy throws all his chips in a desperation move and the guy who has 1/4 or 1/6 BB to call or whatever makes up his mind and calls.

Glad to hear the goofball got eliminated.

rekoP
02-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Check/fold button?

Warik
02-17-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Maybe the various poker softwares should have something to override the check/fold button to ask the player if he wants to call if the bet is less than a full bet.

Cosimo
02-17-2004, 07:37 PM
That's why I don't use check/fold when it's down to a handful of players (I use just check instead), or if I'm in the BB. Those stupid enough to use check/fold in this situation deserve what they get.