PDA

View Full Version : Varying Your Play as a Tactic at Low-Limit Tables

Spyder
02-17-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm getting the inference (from posts here at 2+2) and observed at the funny-money tables that this has absolutely no value in low stakes games. The players will call & raise as they see fit no matter what you do or how you play.

True or False? Why?

I'm a-listen' /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyder

pudley4
02-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Basically true.

You should be correctly playing and raising enough hands in these loose games that they can't automatically put you on AA, KK, or AK when you raise. Most opponents don't care how much you play or how often you raise anyway.

Example:

I played a 4/8 B&M game yesterday for about 4 hours. Only 2 of the players changed during that period. I had shown 3 hands - a set of T's, a FH J's full of T's, and 2 pair AA88 from the BB. I had folded every hand for the past 3 orbits. I raised UTG+1 with AQo.

I got 7 callers.

daiwiza
02-17-2004, 12:41 PM
I finally came to the point where I also decided, not to vary my tactics at a significant rate at LL.
Not only will the players there hardly notice it, also it's often a rather strong fluctuation there and what sense does it make to appear lose to somebody, while loosing money, if you can't take it from him later on, simply because he's already left the table and you won't sit with him at the same table for the next 2 months?!

GL to all, Dai Wizard

andyfox
02-17-2004, 12:45 PM
"The players will call & raise as they see fit no matter what you do or how you play. True or False? Why?"

True. Because they came to play, not to fold or to analyze. Not too many of them will put you on a hand, they only get as far as thinking about what they have. Plus their memories are selective. You showed J-7o last time; they won't remember that you got a free play in the blind. After all, they play J-7 from any position, why shouldn't you?

scotnt73
02-17-2004, 12:59 PM
true. however even idiots will notice that you are the tightest guy at the table and give you a little respect. There are many who wont notice at all though.

LetsRock
02-17-2004, 03:16 PM
True - for the most part.

You'll find some pretty good players hanging out in the low limits sometimes. A couple of change-ups will help you when they're in the hand.

Even some of the average LL players will react to your "standard" play if your cards have been exceptionally good or bad so that your "patterns" are very obvious.

80% of the time, straight forward, "beat 'em on the head", poker works best at low limits.