PDA

View Full Version : Going to Las Vegas next week

Kevin
02-17-2004, 12:06 AM
National Meeting at the MGM next week. Wheels down at 11A, I figure that by the time I check into the room, I can be at Mandalay Bay for the 4/8 with the half kill by 1 (Do they still spread this game? It has been 2 years since I was there). 18-24 hour session Monday/Tuesday. Award banquet Tuesday evening and the meat of the meeting Wednesday and Thursday afternoon. Overnight session on Thursday night into Friday. Red eye and back home for an all day sleep session on Saturday (think my wife will mind me sleeping with 2 kids under 5 that she has spent all week with?)

Here are the questions.

I can hold my own. I am taking a roll of about $2500. I usually play 5/10 around here but I don't remember a 5/10 game in vegas. I know the 6/12 is an option at the mirage. I played the 3/6 there last time which seemed a little small, but I don't feel very comfortable above 5/10 and start playing weak/tight.

If I get the gumption, How is the 8/16 game at the Bellagio. I have only played the 4/8 there and it was pretty soft, but was hoping for some feedback.

Are there any mult-table tournies on Monday or Friday.

I am about 6'2 200 blond hair, 32. I would love to hang out and grab a bite with any 2+2 locals. let me know if you will be available. I know that I am starting at Mandalay on Monday and will stay there if the game is good. Otherwise, I will probably head to the Bellagio.

Let me know if you might be available.

Kevin

VegasChip
02-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Yes, MB still has 4/8 w half kill...They will also start up a 6/12 half kill if there is enough interest.

VC

RydenStoompala
02-17-2004, 08:41 AM
The 8/16 at Bellagio can be good. If you don't enjoy the table they will move you pretty quickly. You have plenty of bankroll for that game and I like it better than the 4-8 holdem-never-foldem game. The 10-20 at Mirage is one of my favorites. For small stakes, tourists, nice staff and sometimes awesome looking female players try the little poker room in the Luxor.

NutCrackerr
02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(think my wife will mind me sleeping with 2 kids under 5 that she has spent all week with?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think sleeping with two young kids is a very good idea at all. It got Michael Jackson into a bunch of trouble.

Kevin
02-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Never!(land)

RydenStoompala
02-19-2004, 08:42 AM
I knew that's why Jacko liked Vegas!I can picture Belushi in The Blues Brothers "How much for the women?...How much for the little girl?"