PDA

View Full Version : BORING POKER STORIES

01-09-2002, 03:21 AM
ALL YOUR POCKET ACES AND KINGS HANDS ARE TRULY BORING. CAN'T YOU GUYS THINK OF SOMETHING INTERESTING LIKE MY ARTICLES ON DAVID SKLANSKY DOING MASON "THE PIG" MALMUTH. NOW THAT'S A BAD BEAT. HAHAHA. OR ROY COOKE WITH DAVID AND MASON IN A THREE WAY. OH BOY, YOU PEOPLE WHO POST ARE SO PATHETIC. GOTTA GO

01-09-2002, 04:17 AM
this is an example of yet another person who failed to become a good poker player and now is reduced to this type of childish behavior. it is a sad state of affairs.

Quintilian

01-10-2002, 01:15 AM
I'm in the BB with Q8H, ok, and I called a raise, 4 people in the hand, flop comes up 8c 5h 5s, i check, guy next to me bets, everyone calls, I raise, everyone calls, now I know no one has a 5, next card comes out 2H, ( i said to myself, If I don't see a heart i'm out of this hand, especially if I see an overcard, becaue of the preflop raise) Naturally I bet, one person called, next card comes out Qs, Look at that Bingo, I got lucky too, but look how many outs I had, I knew no one had a 5, the would have been raising on the turn, and if a flush fell I would probably be a good contender for the pot, but the reason I got those people to fold the turn, was purely because of my table image, the guy who called the river had K8offsuit, I got lucky, but i had outs....here's another good one.....if you want to know more, i'll tell you how I won with a split pair of 5's again because purely because of my table image......

Poker is not just a game of cards, you have to evalute everything, how the other person plays, what type of tells does he have, you have to catergorize that player, the toughest to do is playing with new people...and the worst thing to do is play the same every single time, change your game don't play predictable, but play smart.

01-10-2002, 02:53 PM
I shouldn't have to mention this here, but people always forget.

This guy is a troll.

The way to make trolls go away is to ignore them.

Stop responding to his posts, and he'll leave. As much as it's tempting to call him an idiot, that will only encourage him.

01-10-2002, 11:15 PM