PDA

View Full Version : 99 MP

Allan
02-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Party

2 limpers to me in EMP with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif i call. Folded to the sb who calls and BB checks.

flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Sb bets out and bb raises the 2 preflop limpers call and I call.

turn brings 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif check bet call call I raise, sb folds and everyone remaining calls.

river is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif BB bets fold fold anD I call.

Comments? Especially curious about the flop smooth call wait and see vs. flop 3 bet.

Allan

SpiderMnkE
02-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Well... I like to three bet the flop. You certainly won't knock anyone out on the flop.. but you might get the overcard chasers to fold on the turn by doing this.

Someone please correct my thinking and give a real reason to 3 bet the flop or just call

Paul Talbot
02-16-2004, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well... I like to three bet the flop. You certainly won't knock anyone out on the flop.. but you might get the overcard chasers to fold on the turn by doing this.

Someone please correct my thinking and give a real reason to 3 bet the flop or just call

[/ QUOTE ]

If your raise wont get anyone out then all the three bet does on the flop is give everyone correct odds to call a big bet on the turn with overcards.

While you typically want to get your money in when you hand is best, this might be a situation where you need to wait until the turn to pop them if a blank hits because the bigger pot a three bet creates on the flop may induce those overcards to continue on the turn.

Regards,

Paul

1p0kerb0y
02-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Looks good all the way around. Generally, you like to raise on the flop to drive out other opponents. However, with all players already having 2 bets in on the flop, nobody would have folded to a raise, so you made the correct play by calling and jamming the turn. I'm assuming you won the pot?